Can’t find what you’re looking for? Contact us and we’ll help you get the gear you need.
The Panasonic 8mm f/3.5 Fisheye for micro 4/3 brings a full 180 degree fisheye look for micro 4/3 cameras, something that hasn’t been possible before. Plus, it can focus as close as 4 inches for those of you with a taste for bizarre distortion. Also, it appears to be an excellent lens with 10 elements in 9 groups, multicoating, and a 7 bladed round aperture.
Comparing the Micro 4/3 ultra-wide angles: There are a few different options for wide angle lenses with the micro 4/3 cameras, so I thought I’d write up a quick comparison.
- Micro 4/3 Panasonic 8mm Fisheye The 8mm gives m4/3 shooters the option to get the “fisheye” look in a native m4/3 mount. You’re not sacrificing image quality with this baby lens either; it’s just as sharp as the other great Panasonic pancakes. It’s probably not something that would live on the front of your camera, but it’s great to use for those shots where a distorted image is desired.
- Micro 4/3 – Panasonic 7-14mm f/4 The 7-14 is a wonderful f4 wide angle option for the m4/3 cameras. You get f4 all the way through the zoom, which is great if you’re shooting when there is not a plethora of light. Distortion is mostly limited even at the widest end, and autofocus is definitely fast enough to for most uses. Also, don’t forget the built-in hood that makes shooting outdoors in the sunlight a bit easier.
- Micro 4/3 – Olympus 9-18mm f/4-5.6 The 9-18 is going to give you another great option for m4/3 shooters. It is essentially Olympus’ take on the wide angle, so quality is there just like the Pany 7-14. What it adds is a front filter ring and slightly faster autofocus. However, what you lose is the 7mm wide end, a hood and a fixed f4 throughout the zoom range. If light is not a problem, then the aperture isn’t a big deal. Distortion is also mostly corrected for with this lens.
- Filter Size
- 0.4 lb.
- Minimum Focusing Distance
- 4 inches
- Maximum Magnification
- Angle of view: (4/3 frame)
- 180 degrees
- Zoom method
- Image Stabilization
- Focusing System
- Aperture Blades
- 7 curved
- Low Dispersion Elements
- Aspherical Elements
- Weather Resistant
- Micro Four Thirds
LensRentals.com offers rentals ranging in length from 1 to 90 days. The shopping cart will automatically update the quoted price as you adjust the length of your rental. Our most common rental periods are shown below:
|Rental Period||Waiver Price||Rental Price||Total Price||Approximate Day Rate|
|Rental Period||Rental Price||Approximate Day Rate|
LensRentals.com ships via the appropriate FedEx service necessary to have your rental arrive on the date selected. Return shipping is included in the shipping price, and we include a prepaid return label with your order - all you need to do is bring it to a FedEx drop-off location when your rental is complete. If you prefer UPS shipping, you can select it during the checkout process for about 10% more.
Shipping round trip to
- FedEx 2Day
- Calculating Shipping
- FedEx Standard Overnight
- Calculating Shipping
The shopping cart can automatically quote shipping, even for multi-item and oversize orders. Shipping multiple items together offers a significant savings over shipping them individually.