The Nikon 1 AW1 is a rugged, waterproof interchangeable lens mirrorless camera that’s based around the Nikon 1-series. Key features include:
- Underwater Digital Camera. The AW1 is the first underwater digital interchangeable lens camera. Nikon essentially took their J3 1-series camera and redesigned the body to be waterproof down to 49.2’. It features sealed and lockable compartment covers and when matched with the 1-series AW lenses, the system can be used underwater without any additional cumbersome housing.
- CX-format 14.2MP CMOS Sensor. Provides high quality images at a wide range of ISO sensitivities. Its lack of anti-aliasing filter products sharper images. Like the other 1-series camera, the AW1 has Nikon’s excellent on-sensor AF system, providing great autofocus performance.
- Built-In Environmental Sensing Technology. The built-in altimeter/depth gauge allows users to monitor depth from -1640.4’ to +14,763.8’ in 3.3’ increments. There’s an electronic compass that’s handy while diving, and the camera has an internal GPS (Global Positioning System) and GLONASS (Global Navigation Satellite System) for geotagging.
- Notable Features & Modes. The AW1 adopts the Action Control selection method from the AW Coolpix cameras, allowing simple setting and mode selection by holding a single button and tilting the camera. It shoots an amazing 15fps in full resolution with continuous autofocus, or up to 60fps with a fixed focus point. There’s a dedicated underwater mode with three color-adjustment settings based on the water conditions, and the camera shoots full HD 1080p video at up to 60fps.
- While the AW1 will accept any 1-series lens, it is only fully waterproof when used with the Nikon 1-series AW lenses.
- AW1 camera with body cap
- EN-EL20 rechargeable battery
- MH-27 charger
- O-ring with protector
- Camera bag
LensRentals.com offers rentals ranging in length from 1 to 90 days. The shopping cart will automatically update the quoted price as you adjust the length of your rental. Our most common rental periods are shown below:
|Rental Period||Waiver Price||Rental Price||Total Price||Approximate Day Rate|
|Rental Period||Rental Price||Approximate Day Rate|
LensRentals.com ships via the appropriate FedEx service necessary to have your rental arrive on the date selected. Return shipping is included in the shipping price, and we include a prepaid return label with your order - all you need to do is bring it to a FedEx drop-off location when your rental is complete. If you prefer UPS shipping, you can select it during the checkout process for about 10% more.
Shipping round trip to
- FedEx 2Day
- Calculating Shipping
- FedEx Standard Overnight
- Calculating Shipping
The shopping cart can automatically quote shipping, even for multi-item and oversize orders. Shipping multiple items together offers a significant savings over shipping them individually.