The Sony 70-400mm f/4-5.6G SSM II is a long range telephoto lens for Sony A-mount cameras and update to the original Sony 70-400mm f/4-5.6G SSM. Key features include:
- Super Telephoto Zoom: The full-frame compatible 70-400mm focal length enables capturing of subjects at a great distance. The f/4-5.6 aperture is fast enough for normal daylight use, but probably a bit too slow for low or indoor lighting.
- SSM Motor with Improved AF Performance: The Super Sonic wave autofocus motor is powered by piezoelectric elements that change shape when voltage is applied, allowing fast, responsive performance. While its predecessor offered decent AF performance, the version II features an LSI drive circuit that makes object tracking performance four times faster.
- G Series Optics: The advanced 18 elements in 12 groups optical formula features two ED elements that minimize chromatic aberrations, while the internal focusing design allows for faster performance.
- Three Focus Hold Buttons: With any A-mount camera, pressing one of the buttons holds your focus point. However, on advanced models like the Sony Alpha A99, you can program these buttons to perform additional functions.
- Filter Size
- 77mm (nonrotating front element)
- f4-22 (70mm)/ f5.6-32 (400mm)
- 3.3 lb (without tripod collar)
- Minimum Focusing Distance
- 4.92 ft
- Maximum Magnification
- Angle of view: (full frame)
- 34.3° – 6.2°
- Zoom method
- Barrel extending, nonrotating
- Image Stabilization
- Focusing System
- Internal, Full time active, SSM motor, focus hold button
- Aperture Blades
- 9, circular
- Low Dispersion Elements
- Aspherical Elements
- Weather Resistant
- Sony Alpha
- Lens w/ front and rear caps
- Tripod ring
- Lens pouch
LensRentals.com offers rentals ranging in length from 1 to 90 days. The shopping cart will automatically update the quoted price as you adjust the length of your rental. Our most common rental periods are shown below:
|Rental Period||Waiver Price||Rental Price||Total Price||Approximate Day Rate|
|Rental Period||Rental Price||Approximate Day Rate|
LensRentals.com ships via the appropriate FedEx service necessary to have your rental arrive on the date selected. Return shipping is included in the shipping price, and we include a prepaid return label with your order - all you need to do is bring it to a FedEx drop-off location when your rental is complete. If you prefer UPS shipping, you can select it during the checkout process for about 10% more.
Shipping round trip to
- FedEx 2Day
- Calculating Shipping
- FedEx Standard Overnight
- Calculating Shipping
The shopping cart can automatically quote shipping, even for multi-item and oversize orders. Shipping multiple items together offers a significant savings over shipping them individually.