The Induro Carbon 8X CT313 is a heavy duty tripod designed for use with large supertelephoto lenses. Key features include:
- Heavy Duty. The tripod is rated to support up to 39 lbs by the manufacturer. We think 28-30 lbs. is a bit more realistic, but that’s still plenty for use with just about any supertelephoto lens mounted to pro body. Its 3-stages give it a maximum height of 73.1" w/ center column extended (62.6" w/o), minimum height of 25.1", and collapses down to 28.1".
- 8X Carbon Fiber. The 8-layers of carbon-fiber and its wide-stanced, cross-braced magnesium alloy spider design provides an extremely rigid build yet weighs only 4.9 lbs.
- Notable Features. The CT313 has an oversized center column lock and reversible locking center column depending on your shooting needs. The large twist leg locks make setup easier when wearing gloves, while the included interchangeable rubber feet and stainless steel spikes will keep your camera secure. The integrated bubble level helps to get your camera level even faster.
- Tool Kit. The CT313 includes a tool kit with 3x metal spiked feet, allen key, and a dual wrench in it’s own small case. Also included is a deluxe carrying bag with strap for the tripod legs.
Does not include a ballhead.
Please Note: This tripod comes with a very nice tool kit, including metal spike feet to replace the rubber feet should the need arise. We send the tool kit with every tripod. We charge you $28 to replace it when it doesn’t come back. No exceptions.
We carry a lot of tripods. Here’s a comparison between each of them (from lowest to highest load carrying capacity) to help you pick the tripod that’s right for you.
- Giottos MT-9261 is a great, sturdy, general-purpose-oriented aluminum tripod. It features a three-section leg, and it is heavier but less expensive than lava or carbon fiber tripods. A professional SLR camera and this tripod work well together. It is realistically capable of handling about 15 pounds.
- Velbon El Carmagne 640 – Heavy Duty Carbon Fiber offers a load capacity of 25 pounds in a lightweight carbon fiber package. It can also be set up in an instant using the quick release locks. The Giottos tripods we carry are sturdier, but are much heavier. If your passion is wildlife shooting, then this is the tripod for you. It is realistically capable of handling about 15 pounds.
- Induro CT313 Heavy Duty has the heaviest capacity legs we carry that also has a center post. Not quite as sturdy as the Gitzo 353S1 but very close, and it has a center post that gives it a bit more height when you need it.
- The Gitzo 353S1 Heavy Duty is for when you need to use the big guns. It features an impressive load capacity rating of 39.6 lbs (think big camera and supertelephoto lens.)
If you still need more information on tripods, you should check out our article “Choosing a Tripod.”
- Maximum height
- 73.1" with center column extended / 62.6" without
- Collapsed height
- 4.9 lbs.
- Leg Sections
- Max Load
- 30 lbs.
- CT313 tripod
- Carrying case & strap
- Tool kit w/ 3x metal spiked feet, allen key, and a dual wrench
LensRentals.com offers rentals ranging in length from 1 to 90 days. The shopping cart will automatically update the quoted price as you adjust the length of your rental. Our most common rental periods are shown below:
|Rental Period||Waiver Price||Rental Price||Total Price||Approximate Day Rate|
|Rental Period||Rental Price||Approximate Day Rate|
LensRentals.com ships via the appropriate FedEx service necessary to have your rental arrive on the date selected. Return shipping is included in the shipping price, and we include a prepaid return label with your order - all you need to do is bring it to a FedEx drop-off location when your rental is complete. If you prefer UPS shipping, you can select it during the checkout process for about 10% more.
Shipping round trip to
- FedEx 2Day
- Calculating Shipping
- FedEx Standard Overnight
- Calculating Shipping
The shopping cart can automatically quote shipping, even for multi-item and oversize orders. Shipping multiple items together offers a significant savings over shipping them individually.