Blackmagic Design’s 4K Production Camera (with EF Mount) gives filmmakers a relatively affordable 4K option. Key features include:
- 4K Recording. With its 4K image sensor, the camera is capable of capturing Apple ProRes in 4K & 1080p to removable SSD drives (not included), while delivering 12 stops of dynamic range.
- Competent Design. The camera is housed in an elegant, minimalist enclosure, crafted from a single block of aluminum. It can be used hand held or mounted on industry standard hardware. The lens mount accepts Canon EF and Zeiss ZE lenses, and the LCD touchscreen provides monitoring, plus the ability for the user to add metadata such as shot number, filenames and keywords.
- Workflow. To handle the high data video output, the company offers a lite version of DaVinci Resolve, its premier color correcting software for Mac and Windows (downloadable on their website). Also included is a copy of UltraScope. When connected to a computer via Thunderbolt, the software provides technically accurate waveform monitoring, displaying six live scope views on a single monitor.
- Target Users. Since everything has been designed to provide high quality acquisition, the camera is perfect for independent film, music videos, commercials, and television production. And being affordable, it will also find its way into wedding and event videography.
- No lens included.
- The dongle that enables the full version of DaVinci Resolve is not included. DaVinci Resolve Lite can be downloaded for free here. Be aware that Resolve Lite doesn’t allow working in projects larger than 1080p; therefore, even though you’ll be shooting in 4K it will take third party programs to maintain that resolution throughout the post production process.
- Camera does not have a hotshoe mount, nor does it include any kind of hot shoe adapter. If you intend to use any shoe mountable accessories, you will need to provide your own adapter.
- Please check Blackmagic’s approved SSD list for compatible cards.
- The BMCC does not have the ability to format SSDs, nor does it offer a way to interface with a computer and serve as a card reader. If you do not own an SSD dock/reader, you will need to rent one.
- Active Sensor Resolution
- 3840 × 2160
- Shooting Resolutions
- 3840 × 2160, 1920 × 1080
- Frame Rates
- 23.98p, 24p, 25p, 29.97p, 30p, 59.94i
- Effective Sensor Size
- 21.12mm x 11.88mm (Super 35)
- Dynamic Range
- 12 stops
- Lens Mount
- Integrated mono microphone
- Mounting Options
- 3 × 1/4"-20 thread mounting points on top of camera. 1 × 1/4" thread tripod mount with locator pin.
- Integrated Lithium-ion Polymer rechargeable battery. 12V-30V DC port for external battery power or use included 12V AC adapter.
- Battery Life
- Approximately 90 minutes
- Camera Body Dimensions
- 166mm x 113mm x 126mm
- Camera Weight
- 1.7 kg / 3.75 lb
- Storage Type
- Removable 2.5” SSD
- Storage Rates
- Compressed Recording Formats
- Apple ProRes (4K & 1920×1080) 10-bit YUV with choice of Film or Video Dynamic Range.
- SDI Video Output
- 1 × 6G-SDI 10-bit 4:2:2 with choice of Film or Video Dynamic Range
- Analog Audio Input
- 2 × 1/4” jacks for professional balanced analog audio, switchable between mic and line levels.
- Analog Audio Output
- 1 × 3.5mm stereo headphone output
- SDI Audio Output
- 4 channels in HD-SDI
- Remote Control
- 1 × 2.5mm LANC for Rec Start/Stop, Iris Control and Focus Control
- Computer Interface
- Thunderbolt port for capture of RAW video and audioUSB 2.0 mini B port for software updates and configuration
- Camera with body cap
- Charger / AC Adapter
*Please note, this rental does not include DaVinci Resolve or Ultrascope. Both may be downloaded here.
- Voyager Q Quad Interface Hard Drive Dock
- Sandisk Extreme 120GB SSD (this 120GB SSD does not support RAW recording), 240GB SSD, 480GB SSD
- We have the following options for alternative battery power for the Blackmagic 4K Production Camera.
- Switronix Powerbase-70 for Blackmagic Cinema Camera
- Blackmagic Cinema Camera Anton Bauer Gold Mount Power Kit
- Apple Thunderbolt Cable
- Blackmagic Design Cinema Camera Handles
- Most Standard DSLR Accessories & Support Equipment
LensRentals.com offers rentals ranging in length from 1 to 90 days. The shopping cart will automatically update the quoted price as you adjust the length of your rental. Our most common rental periods are shown below:
|Rental Period||Waiver Price||Rental Price||Total Price||Approximate Day Rate|
|Rental Period||Rental Price||Approximate Day Rate|
LensRentals.com ships via the appropriate FedEx service necessary to have your rental arrive on the date selected. Return shipping is included in the shipping price, and we include a prepaid return label with your order - all you need to do is bring it to a FedEx drop-off location when your rental is complete. If you prefer UPS shipping, you can select it during the checkout process for about 10% more.
Shipping round trip to
- FedEx 2Day
- Calculating Shipping
- FedEx Standard Overnight
- Calculating Shipping
The shopping cart can automatically quote shipping, even for multi-item and oversize orders. Shipping multiple items together offers a significant savings over shipping them individually.