The Zoom F8 is an advanced, serious multitrack field recorder. Building upon the success of the H4n and H6, Zoom has further advanced the budget friendly audio recorder with the robust F8. Key features include:
- Supports SMPTE Timecode. Time code in and out is provided on BNC connectors. The F8 uses a high-precision oscillator that enables the generation of accurate time code with a discrepancy of less than 0.2 frames per 24 hours.
- Bluetooth control via iOS devices. The Zoom F8 is the first field recorder to feature wireless Bluetooth control. Use your iPhone or iPad to take extensive control with the Zoom F8 Control app. Use functions like Record, Stop, Fast-forward, Rewind, mixer pan, fader levels, and more. You also get realtime monitoring of input levels, time code, and the status of your battery. You can even rename files, add Date/Time info, and enter metadata.
- Two SDXC Card Slots. Allows for recording on 2 SD cards if possible and support for SDXC cards enables recording for even longer than before. Do note a memory card is not included!
- Full Color LCD. The F8 has a 2.4 inch full-color backlit LCD screen that makes leveling and menu navigation quick and easy. Monochrome mode makes the F8 easy to use in any environment — from low-light to direct sunlight.
- Three Possible Power Supplies. Can operate on AA batteries (not included), an AC adaptor, or a 9 to 16 V external DC power supply with automatic switching between power supplies.
Please Note: We don’t send the two TA3 Mini XLR to XLR adapter cables with the Zoom F8. However, if you need these, just leave a note in the special instructions box and we’re happy to include at no cost.