The Freefly Systems MōVI M5 with Carry On Case is an advanced stabilization rig for professional camera systems, similar to Freefly Systems’ MōVI M5, but with a TSA approved Carry On Case. It has two bigger brothers: the MōVI M10 & the MōVI M15.
Important considerations for the M5 with Carry On Case include:
- Weight Capacity. 5 lbs, maximum.
- It’s complicated. This item is not what one would call a “turn-key” solution; the M5 requires a significant amount of training and practice to get good results. Start Learning Here.
- Battery Fires. The charging leads wire must not be left attached to batteries when not in use. If the positive and negative posts touch while connected to a battery, it can start a fire. Additionally, please don’t leave the battery plugged into the Movi when you ship it back. If it turns on during shipping, it will damage the unit.
- Battery Life (and Death). When the Mōvi’s battery indicator reduces to one light stop using it immediately! Using the battery until it’s dead will effectively kill the battery.
- Optional Transmitter for Remote Operation. We offer the Spektrum DX8 / DX7s Remote for remote operation as a separate rental item.
- Optional WiFi Adapter. The MōVI ships configured for use with Android, OSX, & Windows devices. To use iOS devices (iPad, iPhone, etc) you will need this adapter.
Key features of the M5 with Carry On Case include:
- Carry-On Case. With this version we include the Jason Cases Compact Movi M5 case that’s TSA-approved to be within carry-on size restriction. Do note that the balancing stand does not fit in the case and will ship in an additional box.
- Majestic Mode (Pan/Tilt) Patent pending Majestic Mode allows for a single operator to intuitively control the pointing of the gimbal by moving the handles without compromising the stabilization of the image. The gimbal takes the operator’s movements and intelligently converts them into stabilized pan and tilt movements.
- Live Wireless Tuning & Graphing. The MōVI features real-time bluetooth connection to the gimbal, which outputs all pertinent performance data and allows for live adjustment of any of the gimbal parameters in a fast, intuitive and user friendly GUI (graphical user interface).
- Silent Drive. Capturing on-camera audio is no problem with the MōVI, as the system is virtually silent. Because the entire motor/drive system was designed with audio in mind, the noise frequency signature of the gimbal is virtually inaudible.
- Optional Transmitter for Remote Operation. We offer the Spektrum DX8 / DX7s Remote for remote operation as a separate rental item. We no longer send the Spektrum remote by default, so make sure you rent it as well if needed!