The Samsung 50-150mm f/2.8 S ED OIS is a premium telephoto zoom lens designed for Samsung NX mount cameras. Key features include:
- Fast Aperture Zoom. With a focal length equivalent to 77-231mm after sensor crop factor, the 50-150mm is perfect for sports and other fast moving subjects. Portrait photographers will also find the zoom range quite useful, plus the fast f/2.8 aperture will provide images with a shallow depth-of-field. Additionally, low light shooting will benefit from the wide aperture.
- Multi-Axis OIS. The advanced system features 4-axis control with a 6-axis sensor for detecting camera shake, providing up to 4.5-stops of correction depending on focal length.
- Premium “S” Series. As part of Samsung’s premium S-series, you’re getting an all-metal build that’s dust and splash-proof for shooting in less-than-ideal conditions, and an Ultra-Precise Stepping Motor for extremely fast autofocus performance. Optically, there’s four ED (extra-low dispersion) and one XHR (eXtreme High Refractive) that maximize image sharpness and clarity.
- i-Function. Like many other Samsung lenses, the dedicated i-Function button on the lens barrel offers quick access to manual setting adjustment. Just hold the button and turn the “value ring” aka focus ring. The setting you’re adjusting will be based on what you assign the button to control in-camera.
- Single Function Zone. The 50-150mm offers manual switches for selecting focus method and OIS. There’s also a customizable focus range limiter for faster performance where you need it. Along with the i-Function button, all of these controls are located within a single “function zone” for easy access.