The Sony QX1 Digital Camera Module is a unique mirrorless camera that’s designed to be used in combination with a smartphone. Key features include:
- Camera Module for Smartphones. The QX1 is a compact mirrorless camera in the shape of a small lens that’s designed to be clipped the the back of a smartphone. It houses a 20.1MP APS-C CMOS sensor that gives you all the benefits of a Sony alpha mirrorless camera, but is designed to integrate with a smartphone. It has a 25-point contrast detection autofocus system, continuous frame rate of 3.5 fps, and normal ISO range of 100-16000. However, since it doesn’t have an LCD screen of its own, the QX1 module connects to your smartphone via wifi and transmits the live view image for composition and image review.
- E-Mount. Despite its lens-like shape, a lens is not included. Instead, there’s an E-mount lens mount for attaching the E-mount lens of your choice (not included, separate rental item). That’s right, if you’ve ever had the itch to shoot with a giant lens attached to your phone, here’s your chance.
- Wi-Fi Connectivity with NFC. Using the Sony PlayMemories app on your smartphone or tablet, you can connect it to the QX1 and use the device’s screen to adjust settings and compose images. Images can optionally be saved to the connected smart device in addition to being saved to a memory card.
- HD Video. The QX1 shoots full HD 1080p at 30 fps in the MP4 file format with a built-in stereo mic for recording audio.
- Shoot Uncoupled. The QX1 can be used separately or without a smartphone, as it features a zoom lever and shutter button on the device itself. There’s a built-in pop-up flash for that can be used in a pinch, 1/4-20" tripod threads for locking it down to a tripod, and RAW image capability. Images are recorded to microSDHC / XC memory cards (not included), and the removable / rechargeable NP-FW50 battery is rated for roughly 440 shots per charge.
- Please Note. This product is designed to be used with a smartphone (not included!). If used with an older device, you may notice a slight lag in the live view image. It works best with the latest generation smartphones. The clip-on attachment does not fit iPhone 6 Plus, Samsung Galaxy S Note II or similar sized model phones.
Lens not included!