The Sony LAEA4 Adapter enables A-mount lenses to be used with E-mount cameras and camcorders. Key features include:
- A-Mount Lens to E-Mount Camera. Allows use of a very wide range of Sony A-mount lenses to be used on E-mount cameras
- Translucent Mirror & Built-in AF Motor. Using the translucent mirror technology seen in the Sony Alpha a99 , the built-in motor provides continuous, TTL phase-detection autofocus with all of the Sony A-mount lenses we carry. Additionally, the adapter has aperture-drive mechanism that enables auto exposure with all compatible lenses. Do note that STF lenses, teleconverters, and Minolta XI lenses are not compatible.
- Integrated Tripod Mount. The 1/4"-20 mounting point on the adapter helps to keep the strain from large, heavy lenses off the camera’s lens mount.
- Video Shooters Please Note. When shooting video with all compatible E-mount cameras, you cannot control aperture while using autofocus. As soon as you hit record, the aperture will change to f/3.5 at the fastest. If you switch to manual focus, you can adjust aperture, but not while autofocusing.
- The translucent mirror that is used in this item is extremely sensitive. If it is touched with almost anything, it will scratch. If it is scratched, we’ll be in touch.