The Zeiss Batis 85mm f/1.8 for Sony E-mount is a high quality portrait-length lens designed specifically for full-frame E-mount cameras like the Sony Alpha a7 / a7II / a7R / a7S. Key features include:
- Full-Frame Portrait Lens. Designed with the full-frame Sony E-mount cameras in mind, the Batis 85mm f/1.8 gives users a much needed portrait lens for the system. Dedicated portrait shooters, wedding photographers, event photographers, and anybody who needs a short tele lens will all benefit. The fast f/1.8 aperture allows great low-light capability as well as a very shallow depth-of-field.
- Autofocus. While the Loxia lenses give users a great manual focus / aperture lens, the Batis line provides users autofocus capability. Its linear motor offers fast, near-silent performance.
- Image Stabilization. The Batis 85mm f/1.8 is the first prime lens released by Zeiss to feature optical image stabilization. This addition helps to reduce the effects of camera shake, enabling you to keep shooting in lower light.
- OLED Display. While many lenses utilize focus distance and depth-of-field scales, the Batis lenses forego this for an OLED display. It will function just the same as the traditional methods, but it provides the enhanced ability to see these parameters in low lighting.
- Advanced Optics. The Sonar optical formula features eight groups / eleven elements that utilize a floating element design to combat aberrations and distortion throughout its focus range. Carl Zeiss T* anti-reflective coating eliminates lens flare and ghosting while providing the famous high micro-contrast Zeiss look.
- Build. Like other Zeiss offerings, the Batis features great build quality. Cosmetically, they look quite similar to the Touit line with their metal construction and rubberized focus rings. However, the Batis lenses can boast the dust and weather-sealed construction for peace of mind in inclement shooting conditions.