The Sennheiser EW100ENG3 Wireless Combo System includes the EK100G3 camera mount receiver, SK100G3 bodypack transmitter, ME2 lavalier microphone and SKP100G3 plug-in transmitter.
This versatile wireless kit offers flexibility for many uses, great for situations when the use of hard-wired mics might be problematic. They have a great battery life, and with the plug-in transmitter are usable with almost any microphone (or sound console). The receiver pack fits on a hotshoe and can output (with different cables) to XLR or 3.5mm, the huge multi channel frequency range is also very satisfying (1680 tunable frequencies with 12 frequency presets).
- Power Supply. The G3 kits require 4 AA batteries (not included) to operate, that is two for the transmitter and two for the receiver.
- Plug-in Transmitter. This version of the kit includes an alternate transmitter for use with XLR microphones. Only one transmitter can be used at a time, not both simultaneously.
- Frequency Range. This is a Frequency Range B version. If you don’t need a specific frequency, then it doesn’t matter which you choose. Frequency Range A is no better than Frequency Range B; however, if you are using more than one kit at the same time, make sure they are all in the same frequency range (B + B = Good, A + A = Good, A + B = Bad).
- User Configuration. You must set up the wireless mics yourself, on-site where you will be filming. This is because the kit’s ability deliver good audio is dependent on getting clear reception. The channels each transmitter/receiver operate on will vary depending on location; therefore, a good frequency in our office may not be a good frequency for your beach/church/army base/etc.
- Helpful Guide. Here is a video explaining how to set up the system. The instruction begins at 7 minutes; although, it would be wise to watch the whole video if you have not used a wireless mic before.
For more information about audio in general, check out our audio for video article.