The SLR Magic Anamorphot-Cine 2x MFT Three Lens Set is a budget-friendly anamorphic lens kit consisting of the following:
- SLR Magic Anamorphot-Cine 2x 35mm T2.4 MFT
- SLR Magic Anamorphot-Cine 2x 50mm T2.8 MFT
- SLR Magic Anamorphot-Cine 2x 75mm T4.0 MFT
- Zacuto Lens Support (15mm LWS)
- Hard case
Key features include:
- Single Focus Point. Typically to get anamorphic on a budget, you have to use a two step process with an adapter and a spherical taking lens. The SLR Magic Anamorphot-Cine lens combines everything into one unit. This simplifies your setup- no longer do you have to line up your optics to get the squeeze right or worry about if your lens is too wide to support the adapter. And most importantly, focus is simplified to a single control mechanism, meaning you can actually pull and rack focus within a scene.
- 2x Squeeze. Ideally suited for pairing with the Panasonic GH4 and its 4:3 anamorphic mode to create a 2.66:1 aspect ratio. On regular 16:9 sensors it creates an ultra wide 3.54:1 aspect ratio. So, if you want to go extra wide with your composition, these are the lenses for you.
- High Quality Multi-Coated Optics. Its custom optical components support high resolution sensors. While the lens coating provides elegant flaring.
- Fully Manual. This lens provides no electronic communication with the camera. All aperture and focus adjustments must be made manually on the lens itself. The aperture selected will not be displayed on the camera, and it won’t show up in the EXIF data.
- Support Required. This is a front-heavy cinema lens. With that said, you’ll need to use some sort of rail support system like the Zacuto Recoil or Wooden Quick Kit. The Zacuto Lens Support comes standard with the rental, and we include an extra 2" rod for tall setups such as those involving the Panasonic DMW-YAGH Interface Unit.
- Not Matte Box Friendly. With the focus ring being at the extreme front of the barrel, a clamp-on matte box isn’t feasible. To make matters worse, the barrel physically extends when focusing so a rod-mounted matte box won’t work either. Basically, using a matte box with this lens would require a very creative setup that we can’t really recommend.