Tamron, a company known for their budget friendly zooms like the popular 17-50mm f/2.8 VC and 24-70mm f/2.8 VC, introduce their first portrait prime lens, the 85mm f/1.8 Di VC. Key features include:
- Fast f/1.8 Aperture Short Tele. The fast f/1.8 aperture is great in low light and keeps you shooting everywhere between the dim and the dark. The 85mm focal length offers a slight tele lens perfect portraits and still life work.
- Higher Quality Standards: The 85 f/1.8 joins Tamron’s SP (Super Performance) line featuring improved build and image quality over the previous SP series, putting it in the prosumer range of products.
- Ring-type USD Auto Focus System An Ultrasonic Silent Drive motor provides fast, precise, and quiet autofocus performance. This motor also enables full-time manual focus control without having to shift into a dedicated MF mode.
- VC Image Stabilization Incorporated into the lens’ design, Vibration Compensation minimizes the appearance of camera shake for sharper handheld shooting in low-light conditions.
- TAP-in Compatibile. With the optional TAP-in Console (coming soon) and Utility software, you can update the lens’ firmware as well as adjust focus settings.