The Redrock microRemote Universal Handheld Follow Focus is a motorized, wired follow focus system. Key features include:
- Operator-Controlled Remote Focus. This wired controller setup is perfect for use with gimbal stabilizers like the Freefly Movis and DJI Ronin, enabling the operator to control focus themselves. This bundle includes everything you’ll need to get started: follow focus, gears, cables, the whole shebang.
- Universal Mounting Clamp. Can be attached directly in place and tightened down rather than sliding on. The included 18" Fingerwheel Control Cable gives you flexibility in your mounting point. Common mounting locations are tripod handles, jib/crane handlebars, third party handgrips, stabilizers, and rod support systems.
- Fingerwheel Control. With full 270° of rotation for all lenses with built-in hard stops, the microRemote Universal Fingerwheel offers a smooth feel with just enough drag.
- Automatic or manual lens calibration. Maps any lens up to 270º of rotation. The torque motor works with both DSLR and cine lenses. We include three Redrock lenses gears (Size A, B, & C) that are sized for a wide range of DSLR lenses.
- Flip-Flop Direction. Ability to change the rotation direction, and use the unit left or right-handed.
- If you want the microRemote Follow Focus and Wireless Focus Controller, you’ll want the Redrock microRemote Wireless Follow Focus.
- This system requires a D-Tap power source to function. If you do not already have one yourself, then check under the “In Case You Need Them” tab for suggestions.