Camera body and accessories not included!
The Zacuto Sony FS5 Recoil is a shoulder mount rig designed for the Sony PXW-FS5. Key features include:
- Next Generation Recoil. This line of Zacuto rigs is designed for optimal balance and comfort when shoulder mounted or on a tripod. They allow the balance point to be adjusted to directly over shoulder, with mounting points for focus and monitoring, and camera controls to be moved forward for easy access.
- VCT Universal Baseplate. This universal baseplate with integrated shoulder mount pad accepts just about any camera. On the front of the VCT Baseplate is an adjustable rod mount that holds the included 6.5" rods. As its name suggests, the baseplate features a v-wedge tripod connector for using the Sony VCT-14 Quick-Release Tripod Adapter but also has 1/4-20" and 3/8-16" threading for standard tripod plate attachment.
- FS5 Top Plate. The FS5 Top Plate adds additional mounting screw holes, a 15mm rod lock with a 3" rod for mounting the FS5 LCD, while still being designed to fit around the FS5’s existing top handle.
- FS5 Handgrip Relocator. The FS5 Recoil sports a fully articulated grip relocator, which features a single 15mm rod. A Zacuto Zwivel mount allows for the grip to be put in an array of different angles and positions to reduce hand and wrist fatigue.
- FS5 Z-Finder The FS5 does not include a loupe for its LCD, so to give you a better view Zacuto has created the FS5 Z-Finder. The Z-Finder features high quality optics and a diopter to keep everything sharp and in focus right in front of your eyes. The new 2x magnification provides a solid field of view, while maintaining a compact size. A flip up design allows you to go back and forth between viewfinder and LCD in a snap. And a locking mount attaches the Z-Finder solidly to the top plate and helps to limit slipping and loosening.
Optional Add-On Accessories:
- Need a Focus System. While there are multiple follow focus options, the Zacuto Z-Drive Follow Focus with Tornado Grip is the perfect match for this setup. Not only does it allow focus control, it doubles as your 2nd handgrip for a sturdy setup. All without having to jeopardize footage by moving your hand to grab a traditional rail-mounted follow focus.
- Need A Grip. The Zacuto Recoil is great, but users always wonder where their other hand goes. We’ve got just the thing for you! Enter the Zacuto Add-On Handgrip for Recoil.
- Need Longer Rods. If 6.5" rods just won’t do, we also rent the Zacuto 10in Male / Female 15mm Rod Set. With it you’ll get two 10" rods that can be used on their own, or attached to the standard 6.5" rods included with the Recoil.