The Metabones Canon EF Lens to Sony E Camera Adapter II is the 2nd generation of the Metabones Smart Adapter for EF to E. While the Metabones Canon EF Lens to Sony E Camera Adapter III is the latest version released, it offers no advantage other than supporting the full-frame Sony a7 / a7R / a7S and NEX-VG900. Key features include:
- Canon EF Lens To Sony E Camera. This adapter allows you to mount Canon EF mount lenses to the Sony E-mount cameras and camcorders. Do note it does not provide full-frame sensor coverage. If you need this, you’ll want the Metabones Canon EF Lens to Sony E Camera Adapter III.
- Electronic Communication. It gives full control of aperture when shooting in A and M exposure modes, or lets the camera control aperture if shooting in P or S exposure modes. Not only do you have aperture control, but it’s also imbedded in the EXIF data. The Metabones adapter also supports the Image Stabilization function of compatible lenses, allowing you to shoot at slower shutter speeds and help eliminate camera shake.
- Powered by Camera Body. Does not require any additional power source.
- Green Power Save Mode. Reduces battery consumption by reducing aperture diaphragm and image stabilization actuation during image preview.
- Durable Metal Construction. It has a metal barrel construction, with both mounts being metal as well. It also offers a removable arca-swiss type plate for added lens support. Since the aperture blades change as you make adjustments, there is a “wide open button” which functions as the opposite of a depth-of-field preview button. Lastly, the circular interior of the adapter has a proprietary anti-reflection coating.
We cannot recommend this product for professional work. We reached this decision after repeated failures in the field, experienced both first-hand by LR-folks and second-hand via rental clients. Though it might work much of the time, it is our opinion that this product’s performance is too unpredictable to be trusted on high-value projects. Use for casual testing or try-before-you-buy purposes only. If you have any questions, please contact us. firstname.lastname@example.org | 901-754-9100