The Profoto B2 250 Air TTL Location Kit is a two-head, portable strobe kit designed for location work. Key features include:
- Compact Size. The B2 was made for photographers on the go. The lithium battery-powered Power Pack measures just 6.3 × 3.1 × 6.7″ and weighs 2.2 lbs, while each strobe head is 4 × 4″ and tips the scale at just 1.5 lbs. With each head connected via the tethered 6.5’ cable, the B2 can be used off-camera on a lightstand or on-camera with the ProMediaGear BBX Boomerang Flash Bracket for Profoto B2.
- Battery-Powered Power Pack. While the B1 500 AirTTL served as a wireless monolight, the B2 takes the form of a studio kit (for lack of better term) with separate power pack. The pack itself features an interchangeable lithium battery that provides up to 215 at full output (to a single head, divide by 2 for both heads), with a recharge time of just 45-60 minutes with included 2.8A battery charger. In addition to two strobe heads, the Location kit also includes a second battery to keep you shooting longer. If you only need a single head, we also carry the Profoto B2 250 Air TTL To-Go Kit.
- Flash Output. The B2 250 Air TTL offers a maximum output of 250W/s, with 9-stops of adjustment in 1/10 or 1-Stop increments. Maximum recycle time at full power is 1.35 seconds, and a Quick Burst Mode enables 20 frames per sec at a reduced power level. Two additional modes (Normal and Freeze) allow you to choose priority of faster flash duration or minimal color shift depending on what your needs are.
- LED Modeling Light. The 9W LED provides the equivalent of 50W tungsten light.
- Full E-TTL II / i-TTL with Canon / Nikon Cameras. Like the B1 500 AirTTL, the B2 250 AirTTL offers Canon and Nikon shooters E-TTL / i-TTL capabilities. This allows similar functionality to Canon / Nikon speedlites with the advantage of a high output. This feature is only compatible with Canon / Nikon cameras that support E-TTL II / i-TTL and requires the system’s dedicated version of the Profoto Air Remote TTL. For Canon users, you must also rent the Profoto Air Remote TTL-C Transmitter. For Nikon users, you’ll want the Profoto Air Remote TTL-N Transmitter.
- Triggering Options. The strobe has a built-in Profoto Air radio receiver, allowing it to be triggered by either of the TTL remotes above. Alternately, you can also use the Profoto Air Remote Transceiver if you’re comfortable with manual power adjustment. You’ll get 300’ of range when triggering in TTL mode, and 1,000’ with normal radio triggering.
Please Note: The strobe cannot be AC powered, so once the battery is depleted you’ll need to recharge or swap batteries before you can continue shooting.
Light stand and umbrella not included!