This model is the little brother to the Sony HVL-F60M and offers similar upgrades over previous Sony flashes, including:
- Quick Navi Interface. Offers a much improved menu system that allows simple adjustments to all settings.
- GN43 Output.
- Useful Zoom Range. Covers a zoom range of 24-105mm with pull-out wide panel for up to 15mm coverage.
- Built-In LED. Video light with a maximum luminance of 400 lux at 3.25ft.
- Other Features. Like many other flash models, the HVL-F60M can be used as a master unit to wireless control and trigger other compatible Sony flashes. It has a high speed flash sync mode for shooting with shutter speeds up to 1/4000th sec, albeit at a lower flash output. The HVL-F43M uses the Quick-Shift Bounce system, making flash repositioning quite simple.
- Build. It has a dust and moisture resistant build design for working in sub-par conditions, and the included folding flash stand allows simple off-camera use.
- Power. The flash is powered by 4-AA batteries (not included).
- Multi Interface Shoe Connection. Utilizes Sony’s latest technology for communicating with the camera body. Not compatible with Sony Auto-Lock hotshoe cameras unless you also rent the Sony Auto-Lock Camera to Standard Flash Adapter.