The Zacuto Indie Recoil is a universal shoulder mount rig for all DSLR and mirrorless cameras. Key features include:
- Next Generation Recoil. This line of Zacuto rigs are designed for optimal balance and comfort when shoulder mounted or on a tripod. They allow the balance point to be adjusted to directly over shoulder, with mounting points for focus and monitoring, and camera controls to be moved forward for easy access.
- VCT Universal Baseplate. This universal baseplate with integrated shoulder mount pad accepts just about any camera. The Indie Recoil includes the Gorilla Plate v2 and Gorilla Tripod Dock to enable proper spacing when using a DSLR or mirrorless camera. On the front of the VCT Baseplate is an adjustable rod mount that holds the included 6.5" rods. As it’s name suggests, the baseplate features a v-wedge tripod connector for using the Sony VCT-14 Quick-Release Tripod Adapter but also has 1/4-20" and 3/8-16" threading for standard tripod plate attachment.
- Zgrip Zwivel. This fully articulating handgrip comes pre-attached to a 4.5" rod. To customize placement, a Zwivel mount in included for connecting to one of the front 6.5" rods.
- Halfcage Rail. Not only does this fully adjustable side-grip provide you with a stable point to hold the rig, when the quick-release Gorilla Plate v2 is removed from the Gorilla Tripod Dock, you have a fully-functional handheld setup.
- Recoil Handle. Attaching to the Halfcage Rail, the Recoil handle serves as a top handle for the entire rig. Additionally, it adds two cold-shoe mounting points and a 15mm rod port for attaching accessories like EVFs and monitors.
Optional Add-On Accessories:
- Need an EVF Mount? Whether you’re renting one of our EVFs like the Zacuto Z-Finder EVF Pro or using one of your own, we also rent EVF mounting add-ons. For using with a bottom-mounted 1/4-20" EVF like the Z-Finder EVF Pro, Zacuto Gratical HD Micro OLED EVF, or Alphatron EVF-035W-3G, you’ll want the Zacuto Axis Mini with Quad Rail.
- Need a Focus System? While there’s multiple follow focus options, the Zacuto Z-Drive Follow Focus with Tornado Grip is the perfect match for this setup. Not only does it allow focus control, it doubles as your 2nd handgrip for a sturdy setup. All without having to jeopardize footage by moving your hand to grab a traditional rail-mounted follow focus.
- Need A Grip. The Zacuto Recoil is great, but users always wonder where their other hand goes. We’ve got just the thing for you! Enter the Zacuto Add-On Handgrip for Recoil.
- Need Longer Rods? If 6.5" rods just won’t do, we also rent the Zacuto 10in Male / Female 15mm Rod Set. With it you’ll get (2) 10" rods that can be used on their own, or attached to the standard 6.5" rods included with the Recoil.