The Odyssey7Q+ requires Convergent-Design brand SSDs, normal off the shelf 2.5" SSDs are incompatible. Most shooting modes require using 2 SSDs simultaneously and they fill up fast, so be sure to rent enough.
Convergent Design’s Odyssey7Q+ Monitor & Recorder retains all of the features that made their Odyssey7Q successful, and adds support for 4K HDMI video sources! Key features include:
- 4K HDMI Video Input. Record high quality 4K video from some of today’s most popular small cameras, like the Sony a7S & Panasonic GH4.
- FS7 / FS700R Raw. This version of the Odyssey7Q+ comes with the FS7 / FS700R Raw option already installed; that allows the Odyssey7Q+ to continuously capture 4K Raw footage at up to 60fps or 2K Raw footage at up to 240fps.
- High Quality monitoring. The Odyssey7Q features a 7.7" 1280 × 800 LCD with a 3400:1 contrast ratio. It also has many advanced image analysis tools, including Vectorscope, Waveform, and RGB Parade.
- Super High Quality Recording. Don’t like that crummy old 4:2:0 file? No problem! This recorder captures video in compressed (4:2:2), lossless (4:4:4:4), or uncompressed CinemaDNG (☃:☢:☭) formats.
- Battery / AC Powered. We include a Sony battery plate that allows the unit to be battery powered with the included Sony NP-F970. Additionally, the AC adapter is also included for powering via wall outlet.
- This recorder’s HDMI input uses a mini connector (Type C). If you need an full-size HDMI male (Type A) to Mini-HDMI male (Type C), they can be found here.
- If using a Sony a7S or Panasonic GH4, finding an HDMI Micro (Type D) to HDMI Mini (Type C) cable that supports 4K is not easy. After much searching, we’ve have found the Sanho 2.6ft HyperThin HDMI Micro-Mini is a perfect fit. We do not recommend any other cable.