The Canon 200-400mm f/4L IS Extender 1.4X is a high performance super telephoto lens compatible with EF-mount cameras. Key features include:
- High-Quality Zoom: Image quality is on par with all the Canon L-series super telephoto primes, making it the go-to lens for serious sports and wildlife photographers. One fluorite and four UD (Ultra-low Dispersion) lens elements are used to correct for chromatic aberrations and provide sharp images throughout the zoom range.
- Built-In 1.4X Extender: While 400mm gets you close, sometimes it’s just not enough. The built-in 1.4X Extender is activated via switch and transforms the lens into a 280-560mm f/5.6. The optically-match extender has minimal effect on image quality.
- Image Stabilization: The in-lens IS unit provides up to 4-stops of correction, helping to eliminate camera shake. It features three IS modes with one for static subjects, one for panning along with moving subjects, and the last for applying stabilization only during exposure for following fast, erratically moving subjects.
- USM Motor with Power Focus Mode: The UltraSonic autofocus motor gives fast, accurate performance in demanding situations. Also featured is a Power Focus mode enables smooth, automatic focus shifts (two speeds available) for filmmaking. Like other L-series superteles, there’s Focus Preset and AF Stop buttons, allowing flexible configurations for a variety of uses.
- Rugged Build: The magnesium-alloy chassis gives the lens a solid feel. Despite the internal 1.4X Extender, the 200-400L comes in 0.5lb lighter than the Canon 400mm f/2.8L IS II. It’s dust and water-resistant when shooting in poor conditions, and fluorine coating on front and rear lens surfaces reduces smears and fingerprints. It accepts a drop-in filter (UV included) and has a built-in tripod ring.
- Lens w/ tripod foot and rear cap
- Hood w/ front cover
- Soft lens case
LensRentals.com offers rentals ranging in length from 1 to 90 days. The shopping cart will automatically update the quoted price as you adjust the length of your rental. Our most common rental periods are shown below:
|Rental Period||Waiver Price||Rental Price||Total Price||Approximate Day Rate|
|Rental Period||Rental Price||Approximate Day Rate|
LensRentals.com ships via the appropriate FedEx service necessary to have your rental arrive on the date selected. Return shipping is included in the shipping price, and we include a prepaid return label with your order - all you need to do is bring it to a FedEx drop-off location when your rental is complete. If you prefer UPS shipping, you can select it during the checkout process for about 10% more.
Shipping round trip to
- FedEx 2Day
- Calculating Shipping
- FedEx Standard Overnight
- Calculating Shipping
The shopping cart can automatically quote shipping, even for multi-item and oversize orders. Shipping multiple items together offers a significant savings over shipping them individually.