The Tamron 70-200mm f/2.8 SP Di VC USD for Canon is a fast aperture telephoto lens that’s compatible with both full-frame and crop-frame EF-mount cameras.
- Common Uses. The combination of fast f/2.8 aperture and in-lens Vibration Control makes it a good choice for sports photography, portraiture, and event photography. Its USD focus motor provides quick, nearly silent autofocus performance for fast moving subjects.
- Optics and such. The optical design features one Extra-low Dispersion element with four Low Dispersion elements to help minimize chromatic aberrations. It also has an advanced multi-layer coating that improves lens performance by reducing ghosting and lens flare. The circular diaphragm retains its round shape from f/2.8-5.6, provided smooth background blurring with circular out of focus highlights.
- Build. Its compact build with large focus and zoom rings make it ergonomically sound, with the moisture resistant construction making it able to hold up in less than ideal shooting conditions. It includes both a removable tripod ring and a petal-type lens hood.
I call this one The Napoleon – it’s a bit short (of 200mm) but still kicks butt. The Tamron is very sharp throughout the zoom range, autofocuses much, much quicker than the older Tamron superzooms did, and the Vibration Control is excellent.
Is it as good as the Canon 70-200 f/2.8 IS II? No, not quite. The Canon is one of the best zoom lenses ever made. But it’s close to that and less expensive. I don’t find it quite the great value for Canon shooters that I do for Nikon shooters, though. The price difference isn’t as great and the IS II is a bit better lens than the VR II. Still, the Tamron can save you some money and you won’t be disappointed in it, it’s excellent.
- Filter Size
- 77mm (nonrotating front element)
- 3.24 lb (with tripod collar)
- Minimum Focusing Distance
- Maximum Magnification
- Angle of view: (full frame)
- 34° – 12°
- Zoom method
- Image Stabilization
- Yes, 4 stop
- Focusing System
- Internal, Full time active, USD motor
- Aperture Blades
- 9, curved, circular
- Low Dispersion Elements
- Fluorite Elements
- Aspherical Elements
- Weather Resistant
- Flare resistance
- Mild to moderate ghosting, minimal contrast loss
- Canon EF
- Lens w/ front and rear caps
- Tripod ring
- Lens pouch
LensRentals.com offers rentals ranging in length from 1 to 90 days. The shopping cart will automatically update the quoted price as you adjust the length of your rental. Our most common rental periods are shown below:
|Rental Period||Waiver Price||Rental Price||Total Price||Approximate Day Rate|
|Rental Period||Rental Price||Approximate Day Rate|
LensRentals.com ships via the appropriate FedEx service necessary to have your rental arrive on the date selected. Return shipping is included in the shipping price, and we include a prepaid return label with your order - all you need to do is bring it to a FedEx drop-off location when your rental is complete. If you prefer UPS shipping, you can select it during the checkout process for about 10% more.
Shipping round trip to
- FedEx 2Day
- Calculating Shipping
- FedEx Standard Overnight
- Calculating Shipping
The shopping cart can automatically quote shipping, even for multi-item and oversize orders. Shipping multiple items together offers a significant savings over shipping them individually.