The Olympus OM-D E-M1 is their flagship Micro 4/3 camera and big brother to the Olympus OM-D E-M5. Key features include:
- 16.3MP Live MOS Sensor. Designed without a low-pass filter, the high res sensor produces extremely sharp images. The new TruePic VII Image Processor allows an upgraded ISO range of 100-25600, maximum shutter speed of 1/8000 sec, 10fps using tracking autofocus and 6fps using continuous autofocus. It shoots full HD 1080p at up to 30fps with stereo sound in either the MOV or AVI format.
- Dual AF System. With both on-sensor contrast and phase-detection autofocus, the E-M1 provides greatly improved autofocus performance. You have the option of 4 different sized AF points from larger 3×3 grouped points for shooting moving subject down to a single Super Spot point for extreme accuracy. Another benefit of phase detection is greatly improved support of original 4/3 lenses when used with a 4/3 to Micro 4/3 adapter.
- 5-Axis Image Stabilization. Provides up to 5-stops of correction on five axes (conventional IS covers two axes) and features a new IS-Auto mode that detects panning.
- Two Modes of Image Composition. The large 2,360k-dot EVF offers 0.74x magnification for traditional to-the-eye shooting, while the 3.0" 1,037k-dot tilting touchscreen LCD is great for tripod and arm’s-length shooting.
- Professional Design Approach. The durable magnesium alloy body features a dust, splash, and freeze-proof design. There’s a more substantial grip than the E-M5 which allows for more space for physical buttons, allowing fewer dives into the menu. Adopted from the E-P5 is the 2×2 Control Dial for deeper button customization, and the in-camera intervalometer means an additional accessory remote is not required.
- Built-In Wi-Fi. Also first seen in the E-P5, the improved wi-fi system offers simple connection to smartphones and tablets using a new Olympus O.I. Share app. When connected, you can both view and download images to the device, as well as make camera exposure and focus adjustments on the device while shooting. A fairly interesting addition is embedded GPS information in the EXIF data by using the smart-device.
- Other Notable Features. While there’s too many to go into detail on, some we feel are important are live HDR previews, focus peaking, in-camera lens correction, sensor dust reduction, face and eye detection, built-in level, a large variety of Auto and Art modes, and a greatly appreciated PC sync port with 1/320 sec sync speed. The camera records images to SDHC / XC memory cards (not included) and uses the same BLN-1 battery as the E-M5, rated for around 350 shots per charge.
- E-M1 camera with body cap
- BLN-1 battery
- BCN-1 charger
- FL-LM2 accessory flash
- Camera strap
- Camera bag
*Basic manual available by request only.
LensRentals.com offers rentals ranging in length from 1 to 90 days. The shopping cart will automatically update the quoted price as you adjust the length of your rental. Our most common rental periods are shown below:
|Rental Period||Waiver Price||Rental Price||Total Price||Approximate Day Rate|
|Rental Period||Rental Price||Approximate Day Rate|
LensRentals.com ships via the appropriate FedEx service necessary to have your rental arrive on the date selected. Return shipping is included in the shipping price, and we include a prepaid return label with your order - all you need to do is bring it to a FedEx drop-off location when your rental is complete. If you prefer UPS shipping, you can select it during the checkout process for about 10% more.
Shipping round trip to
- FedEx 2Day
- Calculating Shipping
- FedEx Standard Overnight
- Calculating Shipping
The shopping cart can automatically quote shipping, even for multi-item and oversize orders. Shipping multiple items together offers a significant savings over shipping them individually.