The Lowel GL-1 Power LED is a compact, battery-powered LED light that’s ideal for the wedding, event, location portrait and architectural photographer. Here are a few highlights:
- Adjustable, Bright Output. Its very bright output with 5:1 spot to flood focusing enables creative lighting setups, and its 5-100% dimmable power range allows fine exposure adjustments. Being 3000ºK tungsten-balanced, the GL-1 blends well with standard incandescent light commonly found in interior settings, with a 90 CRI color-shift free output.
- Filter. We also include a Tiffen 80B filter that attaches via 82mm threading if daylight-balanced light is needed (2-stops of light output loss).
- Battery & AC Power. The quick-swap rechargeable battery provides approximately one hour of full-powered continuous use, and the included AC power supply enable continued use when an outlet is nearby.
- Shooting on the Go, and on a Stand. Its handheld design makes it convenient for on-the-go shooting, and it features a 1/4"-20 tripod threading for attaching to a tripod or light stand when you don’t have a free hand.
I know what you’re thinking. No, this is not a flashlight from a big box hardware store. I know it looks like one, but it really is more refined than that. As a tungsten-balanced source, it’s a great option. Using the 80B filter to make it daylight-balanced cuts a bit too much light out for my taste, but that’s only if trying to shoot something like portraiture where you need faster shutter speeds. If you’re light painting, it’s pretty great! The spot-to-flood zoom capability is very useful, allowing you to get even more use out of this portable light source. One thing to note, the light does have a very hard edge, so you don’t want to try to shoot portraits right in front of wall. Give yourself some room between your subject and background and you’ll be good.
- Lowel GL-1 Power LED unit
- (1) GL-1 Battery
- Battery charger
- AC adapter w/cord
- 82mm Tiffen 80B filter
- Hard case
LensRentals.com offers rentals ranging in length from 1 to 90 days. The shopping cart will automatically update the quoted price as you adjust the length of your rental. Our most common rental periods are shown below:
|Rental Period||Waiver Price||Rental Price||Total Price||Approximate Day Rate|
|Rental Period||Rental Price||Approximate Day Rate|
LensRentals.com ships via the appropriate FedEx service necessary to have your rental arrive on the date selected. Return shipping is included in the shipping price, and we include a prepaid return label with your order - all you need to do is bring it to a FedEx drop-off location when your rental is complete. If you prefer UPS shipping, you can select it during the checkout process for about 10% more.
Shipping round trip to
- FedEx 2Day
- Calculating Shipping
- FedEx Standard Overnight
- Calculating Shipping
The shopping cart can automatically quote shipping, even for multi-item and oversize orders. Shipping multiple items together offers a significant savings over shipping them individually.