The Rokinon (AKA Samyang) 24mm f/3.5 Tilt-Shift for Nikon is a specialty manual focus lens for Nikon F-mount cameras. Key features include:
- Full-Frame Coverage: Compatible with both full-frame and crop-frame cameras, the 24mm provides a 83.5° / 59.9° angle of view respectively.
- Fully Manual Controls: With both manual focus and manual aperture rings, the lens provides no electrical communication with the camera. Therefore, lens information is not included in EXIF data, and there’s no focus confirmation beep / light.
- Tilt-Shift Function: Enables perspective and depth-of-field control of your subject. It offers +/-8.5º tilt adjustment and +/-12mm shift adjustment, as well as the ability to rotate the the two stages in 30º increments up to 90º. This makes tilting and shift on the same plane possible.
- Optics: The 11 group / 16 elements optical formula features two aspherical and two ED elements, providing images with great corner sharpness and minimal optical aberrations. The UMC anti-reflective coating aids in preventing lens flare and ghosting.
- Common Uses: Tilt-Shift / Perspective control lenses are most commonly used for architectural and landscape photography, as well as some product photography. The ability to manipulate the focal plane also makes them a popular choice for fine art photography.
OK, let’s start by saying the stuff above is taken from manufacturer’s marketing materials. The section on Optics is true – but only when you’ve stopped down to f/8 or so. Wide open the lens is adequate optically, but certainly not anything like the sharpness of the Nikon 24mm PC-E lens. Stopped down, though, the aberrations go away and at f/8 it’s a match for the Nikon lens.
Soooo, if you’re shooting landscapes or architectural photos stopped down this lens is a very nice alternative. You can rotate the tilt and shift planes independently, it focuses smoothly, and is quite good. If you’re shooting wide open at f/3.5, though, you probably will want to pay the extra money for the Nikon.
- Filter Size
- 82mm (nonrotating front element)
- 1.5 lb
- Minimum Focusing Distance
- Maximum Magnification
- Angle of view
- 83.5° (full-frame) / 59.9° (crop-frame)
- Zoom method
- Image Stabilization
- Focusing System
- Manual only
- Aperture Blades
- Low Dispersion Elements
- Aspherical Elements
- Weather Resistant
- Shift range
- +/- 12mm
- Tilt range
- +/- 8.5 degrees
- Revolving capacity
- +/- 90 degrees
- Nikon F
- DX, FX
- Lens with front and rear caps
- Lens pouch
LensRentals.com offers rentals ranging in length from 1 to 90 days. The shopping cart will automatically update the quoted price as you adjust the length of your rental. Our most common rental periods are shown below:
|Rental Period||Waiver Price||Rental Price||Total Price||Approximate Day Rate|
|Rental Period||Rental Price||Approximate Day Rate|
LensRentals.com ships via the appropriate FedEx service necessary to have your rental arrive on the date selected. Return shipping is included in the shipping price, and we include a prepaid return label with your order - all you need to do is bring it to a FedEx drop-off location when your rental is complete. If you prefer UPS shipping, you can select it during the checkout process for about 10% more.
Shipping round trip to
- FedEx 2Day
- Calculating Shipping
- FedEx Standard Overnight
- Calculating Shipping
The shopping cart can automatically quote shipping, even for multi-item and oversize orders. Shipping multiple items together offers a significant savings over shipping them individually.