Can’t find what you’re looking for? Contact us and we’ll help you get the gear you need.
Another unique Sigma telephoto, the 120-300 f/2.8 (along with the 100-300 f/4) provides a range and aperture not available from anyone else. A very sharp lens that focuses quickly with hypersonic motor drive. A favorite of sports shooters, especially on the sidelines for football and basketball.
Note: at almost 6 pounds this is a heavy lens. Unless you are really strong you will want to shoot from a monopod.
Nikon D3x note: The Sigma 120-300 f/2.8 causes a problem with the D3x, and only the D3x, that makes the camera think the lens is a DX lens and jump into DX mode. The problem requires the lens to be rechipped by Sigma. We have to send them one at a time to be rechipped as turnaround there is sllllooooowwwww, so please DO NOT USE THIS LENS WITH THE D3X. It works fine with all other Nikon cameras.
High Risk Lens: The Sigma 120-300 f/2.8 lens has a higher failure rate than most lenses in our lineup.
- How high? The 120-300 has a problem rate of 2% of rentals, despite being checked out thoroughly before it leaves us.
- Why? We can’t be sure. Sigma lenses as a rule have more problems than other brands. The larger Sigma zooms seem to have more issues than other Sigma lenses, possibly because of the weight of the glass elements and shock damage in shipping.
- What’s the point? We’re letting you know on the front end make sure you order this lens in time to check it out before you leave for vacation or schedule your big shoot. We can send a replacement if it has a problem, but we can’t send a replacement Friday night to get to you you Saturday morning.
- Type of problem: front and backfocus, loss of calibration.
Note: The Sigma 120-300 f/2.8 is not as quick or accurate to autofocus as the telephoto prime lenses. This is not a failure issue, its the nature of a very huge zoom trying to move lots of glass around.
Try and Buy Program: Lensrentals is pleased that our friends at SuperdigitalCity have made a special offer for our customers renting this item and considering purchase. Simply email your Lensrentals Invoice number to SuperdigitalCity and they will email you back a coupon code good for $144 (one week’s rental) off of the purchase of the Sigma 120-300 lens.
- Filter Size
- 82mm (nonrotating front element)
- 5.75 lb
- Included, no part number
- Minimum Focusing Distance
- 4.9 feet@120mm; 8.1 feet@300mm
- Maximum Magnification
- Angle of view: (full frame)
- 8-20 degrees
- Zoom method
- Internal, nonextending, nonrotating
- Image Stabilization
- Focusing System
- Internal, HSM motor, AF-MF switch, focus limiting switch
- Aperture Blades
- 9, curved, circular
- Low Dispersion Elements
- Fluorite Elements
- Aspherical Elements
- Weather Resistant
- Flare resistance
LensRentals.com offers rentals ranging in length from 1 to 90 days. The shopping cart will automatically update the quoted price as you adjust the length of your rental. Our most common rental periods are shown below:
|Rental Period||Waiver Price||Rental Price||Total Price||Approximate Day Rate|
|Rental Period||Rental Price||Approximate Day Rate|
LensRentals.com ships via the appropriate FedEx service necessary to have your rental arrive on the date selected. Return shipping is included in the shipping price, and we include a prepaid return label with your order - all you need to do is bring it to a FedEx drop-off location when your rental is complete. If you prefer UPS shipping, you can select it during the checkout process for about 10% more.
Shipping round trip to
- FedEx 2Day
- Calculating Shipping
- FedEx Standard Overnight
- Calculating Shipping
The shopping cart can automatically quote shipping, even for multi-item and oversize orders. Shipping multiple items together offers a significant savings over shipping them individually.