The Sekonic Litemaster Pro L-478DR meter is the world’s first touch-screen-operated light meter. It has an array of unique, must-have features for both still and motion story tellers. Its compact size is both instantly familiar and comfortable to use. The large LCD (2.7") displays ambient, flash, cine and a host of other information in a clear and understandable way. Settings are made by simply touching or sliding a finger over the screen.
The L-478DR can be quickly calibrated to your camera using Sekonic’s Data Transfer software and either Sekonic or X-Rite Brand targets or by manually inputting data to the DTS program or on the meter itself.
Keeping pace with wireless advancements, the L-478DR comes complete with exclusive PocketWizard® ControlTL technology which combines light measurement and flash power control providing amazing control in your hand.
- For Still Photographers
- Full featured Ambient-Flash modes including new T-F mode. Measure, compare, and mix ambient and flash displayed on a color, touch screen for beautiful, controlled, results.
- PocketWizard triggering and Flash Power Setting w/ControlTL radios. Control Nikon, Canon and select studio flashes with a touch of a finger.
- For Filmmakers
- Cine/HD Cine modes for today’s HDSLR and Video Cine cameras. Effortlessly switch between HDSLR and Cine for exact exposure settings in exact increments for both.
- Infinite frame rate and shutter angle selection. Create special settings for special applications. Video cine cameras are becoming boundless. Metering should be too.
- Unique, light-source filtration compensation mode. Finally, precise control lighting using industry standard CTO/CTB/ND types at the touch of a finger.
- Illumination measurement and extended ISO range. Lighting design and exposure in a single tool. ISO and exposure settings to match today’s digital cameras.
Sekonic’s Exposure Profile Target II is now available upon request with the rental of the L-478DR. This target allows for easy testing of your camera’s sensor. It is compatible with the Sekonic L-758C and 478DR lightmeters and can be used with the Data Transfer Software.
As a photographer that tends to use off camera lighting more often than not, I do appreciate a good light meter. While in-camera light meters are okay, I still prefer incident readings from a light meter to avoid some of the guess work out of adjusting light power levels, and avoid chimping the camera settings to get the proper exposure. The Sekonic Litemaster Pro L-478DR is a decent light meter, but I’m not sold on the touch screen controls this unit prides itself on. Like the Sekonic L-358 this unit has PocketWizard triggering tech built in (unlike the L-358 there’s no additional module required for this functionality) so you can trigger your PocketWizard controlled lighting directly from the light meter wirelessly.
Additionally the Litemaster Pro L-478DR can trigger the Einstein monolights with the PocketWizard PowerMC2 as well as control power levels directly from the light meter’s touch screen display. While the power level control is a pretty nifty inclusion, this feature, and the light meter in general, is hampered by the non-responsive touch controls. The touch screen requires precise, deliberate presses on the touch screen and provides no tactile feedback while doing so – call me old fashioned but I prefer analog “real” buttons that I can learn to access purely through muscle memory. I didn’t expect iPad levels of responsiveness with this unit but it can be frustrating, especially when on a time-sensitive photo shoot. That being said, this is honestly a minor quibble for an overall excellent light meter, I just don’t believe the touch screen is the revolutionary feature Sekonic is making it out to be.
- L-478DR Light Meter
- Soft case
- Manual (if available)
- Data Transfer Software disc (if available)
LensRentals.com offers rentals ranging in length from 1 to 90 days. The shopping cart will automatically update the quoted price as you adjust the length of your rental. Our most common rental periods are shown below:
|Rental Period||Waiver Price||Rental Price||Total Price||Approximate Day Rate|
|Rental Period||Rental Price||Approximate Day Rate|
LensRentals.com ships via the appropriate FedEx service necessary to have your rental arrive on the date selected. Return shipping is included in the shipping price, and we include a prepaid return label with your order - all you need to do is bring it to a FedEx drop-off location when your rental is complete. If you prefer UPS shipping, you can select it during the checkout process for about 10% more.
Shipping round trip to
- FedEx 2Day
- Calculating Shipping
- FedEx Standard Overnight
- Calculating Shipping
The shopping cart can automatically quote shipping, even for multi-item and oversize orders. Shipping multiple items together offers a significant savings over shipping them individually.