The Sony Alpha A58 is an entry-level DSLR that accepts A-mount lenses. Key features include:
- 20.1MP APS-C Sensor. Allows the capture of high resolution images. Its ISO range of 100 – 16000 enables shooting in low light.
- Advanced 15-pt AF System w/ Translucent Mirror. Using Sony’s translucent mirror technology, the imaging and AF sensors have constant access to your subject. This translates to an uninterrupted live view feed while shooting, with continuous phase-detection autofocusing.
- High Resolution EVF and Tiltable 2.7" Rear LCD. The bright 1.44 million dot OLED electronic viewfinder gives you a live view image of what the sensor is recording, all while the camera is up to your eye. If shooting at waist-level or at arms length, the 2.7" 460K dot rear LCD also enable a constant live view with the ability to tilt the screen up or down.
- HD Video. Options to shoot Full HD video at 1080/60i/24p in the AVCHD 2.0 codec, as well as 1080/30p in an MP4 format.
- Power and Media. The rechargeable NP-FM500H battery is estimated to provide approx. 690 images using the electronic viewfinder and 700 images with the rear LCD monitor. Images and video are recorded to SDHC / SDXC memory cards (not included).
A nice little starter camera. Low light performance is very good, and some unique features beginners might find handy such as Auto Object Framing and several photo effects. Nice quality images and an intuitive menu system. More advanced users may get a little irritated by slower (and often times, louder) focusing and more difficulty in switching between RAW and JPEG images.
- Camera w/ body cap
- (1) NP-FM500H battery
- Camera bag
*Manual available by request only.
LensRentals.com offers rentals ranging in length from 1 to 90 days. The shopping cart will automatically update the quoted price as you adjust the length of your rental. Our most common rental periods are shown below:
|Rental Period||Waiver Price||Rental Price||Total Price||Approximate Day Rate|
|Rental Period||Rental Price||Approximate Day Rate|
LensRentals.com ships via the appropriate FedEx service necessary to have your rental arrive on the date selected. Return shipping is included in the shipping price, and we include a prepaid return label with your order - all you need to do is bring it to a FedEx drop-off location when your rental is complete. If you prefer UPS shipping, you can select it during the checkout process for about 10% more.
Shipping round trip to
- FedEx 2Day
- Calculating Shipping
- FedEx Standard Overnight
- Calculating Shipping
The shopping cart can automatically quote shipping, even for multi-item and oversize orders. Shipping multiple items together offers a significant savings over shipping them individually.