The Sony Cyber-Shot RX100 III is an advanced, compact point & shoot and update to the popular Cyber-Shot RX100 II. Key features include:
- Large 20.2MP Sensor: The RX100 III utilizes the same oversized 20.2MP 1" Exmor-R BSI-CMOS sensor seen in its predecessor, but features an improved Bionz X processor that improves JPEG output and noise performance. High ISO performance is class-leading for a compact camera, with Sony’s Optical SteadyShot with Active mode helping reduce camera shake. Speed-wise, both autofocus and continuous burst mode see improvement.
- Fast Aperture Zoom Lens: The Carl Zeiss 24-70mm f/1.8-2.8 Vario-Sonnar T* (equivalent) gives users a much faster lens than seen on the RX100 II. The fast f/1.8-2.8 aperture allows image capture in low light, as well as subject / background separation at the long end of the zoom.
- Integrated Pop-Up EVF and Tiltable LCD. One of the most notable features of the RX100 III is the built-in electronic viewfinder. Rather than having to attach a bulky accessory on top of the camera, the EVF pops out of the top-left of the body. Do note the inclusion of the EVF moves the pop-up flash over to replace the standard ISO hotshoe that was found on the RX100 II. The tilting rear LCD has been redesigned to offer 180° up / 45° down of tilt, giving tripod and arm’s length shooters plenty of options.
- Advanced Controls: Like the other models in Sony’s RX-series, it offers manual control options for advanced users, as well as iAUTO mode for those who just want to pick up and shoot. There’s a dedicated function button that can be programmed to offer quick adjustments of seven different functions, allowing users to forego menu diving.
- Built-In Wi-Fi: Allows wireless transmission of images as well as camera control with compatible smartphones and tablets.
- Full HD Video Recording. Full 1080p video is captured in the XAVC S format at 50 Mbps for up to 29 minutes per clip. It can capture 1080/60p, 1080/30p, 1080/24p, and 720/120p frame rates with full-sensor readout, ensuring you’re getting the highest quality possible. Additionally, it supports clean HDMI output for recording uncompressed video via an external recorder.
- User Flexibility: The RX100 III is powered by a rechargable lithium battery and records images to SDHC/XC memory cards (not included). While the previous generation camera was class-leading, this model takes it one-step further. If you don’t need a long lens or external flash, this camera will cover just about any need.
Please Note: The Sony RX100 III does not come with a battery charger. The battery must be charged through the camera. If you need a charger, we do rent the Sony BC-TRX Charger.
- RX100 III camera
- NP-BX1 Lithium battery
- AC-UD11 AC Adapter
- Micro USB cable
- Camera strap
- Camera bag
*Manual available by request only.
LensRentals.com offers rentals ranging in length from 1 to 90 days. The shopping cart will automatically update the quoted price as you adjust the length of your rental. Our most common rental periods are shown below:
|Rental Period||Lenscap+||Rental Price||Total Price||Approximate Day Rate|
|Rental Period||Lenscap||Rental Price||Total Price||Approximate Day Rate|
|Rental Period||Rental Price||Approximate Day Rate|
LensRentals.com ships via the appropriate FedEx service necessary to have your rental arrive on the date selected. Return shipping is included in the shipping price, and we include a prepaid return label with your order - all you need to do is bring it to a FedEx drop-off location when your rental is complete. If you prefer UPS shipping, you can select it during the checkout process for about 10% more.
Shipping round trip to
- FedEx 2Day
- Calculating Shipping
- FedEx Standard Overnight
- Calculating Shipping
The shopping cart can automatically quote shipping, even for multi-item and oversize orders. Shipping multiple items together offers a significant savings over shipping them individually.