The Sony Alpha a7R is a high-resolution, full-frame E-mount mirrorless camera and big brother to the Sony Alpha a7. Key features include:
- 36.4MP Full Frame Sensor. While the a7 features a 24.3MP sensor, the a7R is based around a high resolution 36.4MP full-frame sensor. Despite its small physical size, the a7R packs quite a punch. It’s full-frame sensor foregoes a low-pass filter to provide the highest image quality possible. With its normal ISO range of 100-25600, the a7R provides excellent low-light performance.
- E-mount. For the full-frame a7R, Sony has taken their E-mount and created their line of FE lenses. They utilize the same E-mount, but provide a larger image circle for covering the full-frame sensor. The existing APS-C E-mount lenses are compatible with the full-frame a7R and its little brother the a7. However, you will have to shoot in crop-frame mode or accept any vignetting caused by the smaller image circle.
- Fast Autofocus System. Since the autofocus system is part of the sensor, the higher resolution a7R doesn’t feature the same hybrid AF system as the a7. Instead, it has a 25-point contrast-detection AF system that provides nimble performance and accuracy. Otherwise, it offers the same features in flexible spot, multipoint, center-weighted, and zone focusing modes. For video and legacy-lens users, the manual focus peaking enables highly visible and accurate operation and can be optimized for full-frame or APS-C-format shooting modes.
- High Res EVF & LCD. The built-in 2.4M-Dot OLED electronic viewfinder gives users a large live preview of what the sensor sees with 100% frame coverage. The tiltable 3.0" 1,229K-dot rear LCD can also be used for image composition and review when shooting at arm’s length.
- HD Video. The a7R shoots Full HD 1080 video at 24p/60i/60p frame rates. It supports both AVCHD and MP4 codecs, as well as uncompressed video output via an HDMI connection. It has both in-camera stereo microphone and external stereo mic input for audio capture.
- High Build Quality. The durable magnesium-alloy body features dust and moisture sealing, enabling use in less than ideal conditions. It offers plenty of customizable buttons depending on user preference, front and rear dials, and dedicated exposure compensation dial. The Multi-Interface hotshoe allows an external flash to be connected, which is important since there’s not a built-in flash.
- Other Notable Features. The a7R has both built-in Wi-Fi and NFC capability for connecting to smartdevices. There’s also the option to remotely control the camera via USB. One very positive note is the menu system is the same found in the a99 and RX1 / RX1R, rather than the entry-level menu found in previous NEX cameras. It records its 14-bit RAW images, JPG, and video files to SDHC / XC memory cards, and uses the rechargable NP-FW50 battery that’s rated for 340 shots per charge.
- Warning: While this camera accepts any E-mount lens, only the Sony FE lenses offer full-frame coverage!
- a7R camera with body cap
- Camera strap
- NP-FW50 battery
- Camera bag
Please Note: USB cable and software are not included!
LensRentals.com offers rentals ranging in length from 1 to 90 days. The shopping cart will automatically update the quoted price as you adjust the length of your rental. Our most common rental periods are shown below:
|Rental Period||Waiver Price||Rental Price||Total Price||Approximate Day Rate|
|Rental Period||Rental Price||Approximate Day Rate|
LensRentals.com ships via the appropriate FedEx service necessary to have your rental arrive on the date selected. Return shipping is included in the shipping price, and we include a prepaid return label with your order - all you need to do is bring it to a FedEx drop-off location when your rental is complete. If you prefer UPS shipping, you can select it during the checkout process for about 10% more.
Shipping round trip to
- FedEx 2Day
- Calculating Shipping
- FedEx Standard Overnight
- Calculating Shipping
The shopping cart can automatically quote shipping, even for multi-item and oversize orders. Shipping multiple items together offers a significant savings over shipping them individually.