The Sony Alpha NEX-5T is the annual update to the Sony NEX-5R. While most features are the same as its predecessor, notable features are:
- 16.1MP APS-C Sensor. The large sensor produces high resolution images with great high ISO performance (ISO 100-25600).
- E-Mount. Compatible with a wide variety of E-mount lenses, as well as numerous other mounts via adapter.
- 3.0" 921.6k-Dot Tilting Touchscreen LCD. Performs well for both image composition and review.
- Fast Hybrid AF. Utilizes both 99 phase detection and 25 contrast detection autofocus points to improve speed and accuracy. The Hybrid AF also allows for improved continuous autofocus during video shooting.
- Full HD Video Recording. The NEX-5T shoots full HD 1080P video at up to 60fps, with the option to shoot in the more “cinematic” 24fps if desired, It records in the AVCHD codec with a max clip length of 29 minutes, and features a built-in stereo mic for in-camera audio recording.
- Built-In Wi-Fi and NFC Connectivity. Using Sony’s line of PlayMemories apps, you’re able to perform a variety of different functions, depending on the app. The PlayMemories Camera app allows you to wireless transfer images from the camera to compatible iOS and Android smartphones and tablets. The only different of the NEX-5T over the NEX-5R is the addition of NFC (Near Field Communication). This allows quicker connection to compatible smartphones.
- Manual Controls. Like the NEX-5R, the 5T has a control dial and dedicated Fn button on the top right of the camera, which makes adjusting aperture or shutter speed more fluid than relying on using a rear control dial.
- Specialty Modes. Modes like Sweep Panorama, Auto HDR, and Hand-Held Twilight provide automated in-camera image merging. You’ve also got the 7 Picture Effect Modes for simple-to-use instant results.
- NEX-5T camera with body cap
- NP-FW50 rechargeable lithium battery
- HVL-F7S Accessory Flash
- Camera strap
- Camera bag
LensRentals.com offers rentals ranging in length from 1 to 90 days. The shopping cart will automatically update the quoted price as you adjust the length of your rental. Our most common rental periods are shown below:
|Rental Period||Waiver Price||Rental Price||Total Price||Approximate Day Rate|
|Rental Period||Rental Price||Approximate Day Rate|
LensRentals.com ships via the appropriate FedEx service necessary to have your rental arrive on the date selected. Return shipping is included in the shipping price, and we include a prepaid return label with your order - all you need to do is bring it to a FedEx drop-off location when your rental is complete. If you prefer UPS shipping, you can select it during the checkout process for about 10% more.
Shipping round trip to
- FedEx 2Day
- Calculating Shipping
- FedEx Standard Overnight
- Calculating Shipping
The shopping cart can automatically quote shipping, even for multi-item and oversize orders. Shipping multiple items together offers a significant savings over shipping them individually.