THIS IS A PASSIVE MICRO 4/3 MOUNT! IT IS NOT COMPATIBLE WITH ALL MICRO 4/3 LENSES. CHECK THE WORKS WELL WITH TAB FOR COMPATIBLE LENSES.
The Blackmagic Design Cinema Camera has non-standard lens spacing and requires a height adjustable mount when using a rod system.
The Blackmagic Cinema Camera Micro 4/3 Mount from Blackmagic Design brings to film makers a tool that many have waited for. Recording to a 2.5K image sensor, the camera is capable of recording 12-bit RAW DNG files, as well as ProRes and DNxHD formats to built-in removable SSD drives (not included), while delivering 13 stops of dynamic range. And it does so at a previously unheard of price point.
The camera is housed in an elegant, minimalist enclosure, crafted from a single block of aluminum. It can be used hand held or mounted on industry standard hardware. The passive lens mount accepts third-party Micro 4/3 lenses with manual aperture and focus control, as well as with other lens mounts such as PL, Nikon F, Pentax K, and Leica M via adapter. The LCD touchscreen provides monitoring, plus the ability for the user to add metadata such as shot number, filenames and keywords.
To handle the high data video output, the company offers a lite version of DaVinci Resolve (downloadable on their website), its premier color correcting software for Mac and Windows. Also included is a copy of UltraScope. When connected to a computer via Thunderbolt, the software provides technically accurate waveform monitoring, displaying six live scope views on a single monitor.
Since everything has been designed to provide high quality acquisition, the camera is perfect for independent film, television commercials and episodic television production, all places where image quality is paramount. And being affordable, it will also find its way into wedding, sporting event and music video capture.
- This camera has a crop factor of 2.4. This means that for any lens, no matter what brand or mount, you will need to multiply the focal length by 2.4 (i.e: a 50mm lens on this camera will look like a 120mm lens would on a full frame camera) For more information consult this crop factor article.
- A BMCC rental will not include the dongle that enables the full version of DaVinci Resolve. DaVinci Resolve Lite can be downloaded for free here.
- Camera does not have a hotshoe mount, nor does it include any kind of hot shoe adapter. If you intend to use any shoe mountable accessories, you will need to provide your own adapter.
- Please check Blackmagic’s approved SSD list for compatible cards. Note that some cards are approved for compressed video capture but not 2.5K RAW acquisition.
- The BMCC does not have the ability to format SSDs, nor does it offer a way to interface with a computer and serve as a card reader. If you do not own an SSD dock/reader, you will need to rent one.
- Please take care when inserting SSDs into the BMCC. If you insert them in the wrong way it will bend the contacts in the camera, and you will no longer be able to insert SSDs. This is the only way the contacts can get bent, and is not covered by the damage waiver. You will be charged the full repair/ replacement fee.
- This camera’s internal battery only lasts about one hour. If you need more battery life, make sure to rent an external battery pack.
- Active Sensor Resolution
- 2432 × 1366
- Raw Resolution
- 12-bit RAW files recorded at 2432 × 1366
- Shooting Resolutions
- 2.5K RAW at 2432 × 1366 ProRes and DNxHD at 1920 × 1080
- Frame Rates
- 23.98p, 24p, 25p, 29.97p, 30p
- Active Sensor Size
- 15.81mm x 8.88mm
- Dynamic Range
- 13 stops
- Lens Mount
- Passive Micro 4/3
- Integrated mono microphone
- Mounting Options
- 3 × 1/4" thread mounting points on top of camera. 1 × 1/4" thread tripod mount with locator pin.
- Integrated Lithium-ion Polymer rechargeable battery. 12V-30V DC port for external battery power or use included 12V AC adapter.
- Battery Life
- Approximately 60 minutes
- Camera Body Dimensions
- 166.2mm by 113.51mm x 126.49mm
- Camera Weight
- 1.7 kg / 3.75 lb
- Storage Type
- Removable 2.5” SSD
- Storage Rates
- 5 MB/frame in RAW 2.5K fits about 30 minutes of 24p video on a 256 GB solid state disk. Compressed HD formats fit more than 5 times the amount of RAW video.
- Uncompressed Recording Formats
- RAW 2.5K CinemaDNG
- Compressed Recording Formats
- Apple ProRes and Avid DNxHD. All compressed recording in 1920×1080 10-bit YUV with choice of Film or Video Dynamic Range.
- SDI Video Output
- 1 × 10-bit HD-SDI 4:2:2 with choice of Film or Video Dynamic Range
- Analog Audio Input
- 2 × 1/4” jacks for professional balanced analog audio, switchable between mic and line levels.
- Analog Audio Output
- 1 × 3.5mm stereo headphone output
- SDI Audio Output
- 4 channels in HD-SDI
- Remote Control
- 1 × 2.5mm LANC for Rec Start/Stop, Iris Control and Focus Control
- Computer Interface
- Thunderbolt port for capture of RAW video and audioUSB 2.0 mini B port for software updates and configuration
- Camera w/ body cap
- Charger/AC Adapter
Please Note: This rental does not include DaVinci Resolve or Ultrascope. Both may be obtained here.
- Voyager Q Quad Interface Hard Drive Dock
- Sandisk Extreme / Extreme II SSD Drives (the 120GB SSD does not support RAW recording)
- We have the following options for alternative battery power for the Blackmagic Cinema Camera.
- Switronix Powerbase-70 for Blackmagic Cinema Camera
- Blackmagic Cinema Camera Anton Bauer Gold Mount Power Kit
- Apple Thunderbolt Cable
LensRentals.com offers rentals ranging in length from 1 to 90 days. The shopping cart will automatically update the quoted price as you adjust the length of your rental. Our most common rental periods are shown below:
|Rental Period||Lenscap+||Rental Price||Total Price||Approximate Day Rate|
|Rental Period||Lenscap||Rental Price||Total Price||Approximate Day Rate|
|Rental Period||Rental Price||Approximate Day Rate|
LensRentals.com ships via the appropriate FedEx service necessary to have your rental arrive on the date selected. Return shipping is included in the shipping price, and we include a prepaid return label with your order - all you need to do is bring it to a FedEx drop-off location when your rental is complete. If you prefer UPS shipping, you can select it during the checkout process for about 10% more.
Shipping round trip to
- FedEx 2Day
- Calculating Shipping
- FedEx Standard Overnight
- Calculating Shipping
The shopping cart can automatically quote shipping, even for multi-item and oversize orders. Shipping multiple items together offers a significant savings over shipping them individually.