The Canon XF 300 represents Canon’s entry into professional solid state video acquisition. Key features include:
- CMOS Sensor. The XF 300 utilizes three 1920×1080 1/3 inch CMOS sensors and you can choose between 60i, 60p, 30p and 24p settings to achieve just the look you want. The camera supports full HD 1920×1080 resolution, up to 50Mbps bit rate, and with 4:2:2 color sampling.
- Fast and Slow Motion Recording. The camera can record at one frame rate and play back at another, allowing fast and slow motion recording without loss of image quality. The XF 300 can also do interval frame recording at any of 25 rates from 1 second to 10 minutes.
- Compact Flash Card Recording. The camera records to UDMA CF memory cards and has two card slots which are hot-swappable, allowing you to change cards without interrupting shooting.
- Canon 18x HD Zoom Lens. The L-series lens has a zoom range of 29-527mm (35mm equivalent), twin autofocus systems, and three-mode optical image stabilization. A waveform monitor and vectorscope are also built right into the camera and a a freely rotating, 4 inch, LCD monitor and a 1.55 Megapixel EVF show 100% field of view.
- Additional Features. Inputs and outputs, including HDMI Output, Component Video Output (using the included DTC-1500 cable), Composite Video Output (BNC and 3.5mm), USB 2.0 Hi-Speed Terminal, and a Remote Control Terminal (compatible with LANC protocol). There is also a built-in stereo microphone and two XLR audio inputs with +48V phantom power.
A terrific offering from Canon for event videography, documentary filmaking, or even narrative features. This camera has been largely overlooked due to that little HDSLR “revolution” you might have heard about. That’s very unfortunate, because the Canon XF 300 is one of the best cameras Canon has ever made. Perhaps more exciting than the camera itself is the codec it records with; you can record 50mbps and full 4:2:2 colorspace without having to use an external recorder. Not only that, but it records these super high-quality files to standard compact flash cards. Just keep in mind, this new codec is quite demanding of your editing suite; so older computers need not apply.
- (3) 1/3" CMOS
- Filter Thread
- Recording Media
- CF Card (2 Slots) for movie files
- Record Time (approximate per 1GB)
- 25 Mbps – 4.8min; 35 Mbps – 3.5min; 50 Mbps – 2.5min.
- 1920×1080, 1440x 1080, 1280x 720
- Frame Rates
- 60i, 60p, 30p, 24p
- Battery Life (approximate)
- Audio Input
- XLR 3-pin jack (2)
- Camera w/zoom lens and hood
- Battery (BP-975)
- Compact Power Adapter w/cord (battery charger)
- DC Cable
- Utilities Disc
*Shoulder Strap, Component Cable, & Remote available upon request.
LensRentals.com offers rentals ranging in length from 1 to 90 days. The shopping cart will automatically update the quoted price as you adjust the length of your rental. Our most common rental periods are shown below:
|Rental Period||Waiver Price||Rental Price||Total Price||Approximate Day Rate|
|Rental Period||Rental Price||Approximate Day Rate|
LensRentals.com ships via the appropriate FedEx service necessary to have your rental arrive on the date selected. Return shipping is included in the shipping price, and we include a prepaid return label with your order - all you need to do is bring it to a FedEx drop-off location when your rental is complete. If you prefer UPS shipping, you can select it during the checkout process for about 10% more.
Shipping round trip to
- FedEx 2Day
- Calculating Shipping
- FedEx Standard Overnight
- Calculating Shipping
The shopping cart can automatically quote shipping, even for multi-item and oversize orders. Shipping multiple items together offers a significant savings over shipping them individually.