Hammerforum.com

With the recent camera releases (or maybe Spring fever) I’ve been rather amazed watching various photography forums have major melt downs during the last few weeks. I said something about cameras and lenses just being tools, not life and death, and got immediately annihilated. They aren’t just tools, I was told, they are the means to make a living for some people, and the passionate hobby of others. That got me thinking, though: I have friends who make their living as carpenters, and others for whom woodworking is a passionate hobby. I got to thinking how silly their forums would seem if they acted like we do:

So, here’s a thread from Hammeruser.com

Thread Title: Nails for Stiletto TB15?

Hammeruser: I’ve saved up for months and just got my Stiletto TB15SS titanium hammer. At $220 they’re pricey but with the replaceable stainless steel face, ultra light weight handle, and excellent balance I can see myself using this for many years. I’ve had it 3 days now and it’s just wonderful. Does anyone have any suggestions for a good framing nail to use with this hammer?

Hammergeek: You say it’s wonderful but I don’t see any photos of nails you’ve driven. I think it’s just overpriced crap.

Hammerfiend: You know, Ken Rockbuster said the Stiletto is really overpriced and he wouldn’t have one. For $14 you can get a Tekton rubber mallet set. It’s not any good for driving nails, but it is great for body work on your car. That’s what Ken recommends.

MC: If you really were a professional, you’d be using a Graintex SH 1660 sledgehammer. It’s got a 36 inch handle and 20 lb head and can tear through walls in a heartbeat. Your Stiletto can’t touch this.

Hammeruser: I do framing work and carpentry, so tearing through walls really doesn’t apply to my work.

M.C.: That’s because you have absolutely no skills. A good hammer user can drive nails with a 20 pound sledghammer with no problem. You’re one of those rich doctors, aren’t you, that thinks upgrading your hammer is going to make you a better carpenter?

Hammeruser: Here’s a picture of some framing I did with the hammer yesterday in about 2 hours. I really think it’s going to make me more productive.

Hammertime: I blew up those pictures 200%, ran them through Photoshop and measured the arctan radius of the depth of the nailheads. It’s obvious that you were torquing the hammer from right to left when using it, which makes all of the framing you did inconsequenctial and of no use to anyone. A better hammer doesn’t make up for poor technique.

Banger: A real carpenter could have done that with rusty wire and a rock. It’s not about the equipment, it’s about the carpenter.

Hammerangel2: User, don’t pay any attention to M.C., he’s an absolute Graintex fanboy and has lost all perspective.

M.C.: How would you know what I am? I’ve made hundreds of dollars every year with my Graintex tearing down walls, which makes me a full-time professional. You amateurs make me sick.

Newhammerer: I’ve got an order in for mine through Amazon, but I’m concerned about getting a bad copy. How do I test the hammer when I first get it to make sure I have a good copy?

Thor: You guys are all wrong. I do all my work with an SE 11” rock pick. M. C., haven’t you watched Shawshank Redemtion? That guy hammered through a prison with an SE 11. Sure it took a few years, but anything you really love doing you’ll be doing for years. Just because something is newer, doesn’t make it better.

Hammeruser: Could anyone make some suggestions about good nails?

WhammerHammer: Why don’t you read the manual, do a Google search, and stop wasting our time with inane questions? Besides which, if you were a really good hammerer it wouldn’t matter what type of nails you used.

Whacker: H2O just released their latest Impact Index and the Stilleto rated 92.745, the highest impact per oblique force applied they’ve measured (except for jackhammers).

BigBanger: I don’t trust anything H20 measures, they’re numbers are all crap and don’t reflect real-world hammering. Besides, they down score everything to be equivalent to a 6 ounce jewelers hammer, which makes no sense. I prefer a ‘hand’s on’ review. Maxwell’s reviews over at SilverHammer.com really let you know how a hammer does in the real world.

Nailguru2: Hammeruser, while others will stick with the mainstream manufacturers, I’d take a real hard look at Grip Rite galvanized zinc coated sinkers. They’re a classic design, the sharpest nails made, and have amazing microcontact. Plus they’re hand assembled in Germany, not mass-produced in Taiwan.

Hammergeek: All I can say is after reading this thread I’ve cancelled my order for the Stilletto TB15. I’ll wait until the price drops. In the meantime I’m thinking about buying a used TB10 on the Buy and Sell forum.

Banger: Why don’t you rent one for a few days and see how you like it? Hammerrentals.com has them for $29 for 4 days. You could build a nice shed in that amount of time and really get a feel for how it works for you.

WhammerHammer: I agree with Hammergeek. The price is insane. I’ve started a petition to boycott Stilletto until they make their prices more reasonable. They think just because there’s a 4 month waiting list for their new hammers they can charge whatever they want. They’d sell twice as many if they just charged $25.

Euronailer: You guys think you’ve got it bad? Over here the Stilleto is 300 Euros and we’ve got 17% VAT. You guys in the U. S. need to stop complaining. I may fly over to the U. S. and pick one up, the money I save would pay for 1/162 of my air fare.

Justgotmine. I just finished using my brand new Stilleto. Here’s some shots of nails I’ve driven. Do you guys think I have a good copy of the hammer? The nails seem a little crooked to me, but that might just be technique.

Hammerguru: Justgotmine – looking at your images those are pretty long nails. Were you using good technique with a nail stabilizer? It also seems the hammer wasn’t lined up square to the target. It’s impossible for us to help you if you don’t eliminate all the other variables. It could be the hammer, could be the nails, could be technique.

Nailed’em: Nailguru, you’re always over here spouting about ‘microcontact’ and the way the nails ‘render’. That’s all BS put out by you Grip Right elitists. I can get 4 boxes of Smegma nails for what just one box of Grip Right costs and they work just fine.

Banger: I had to try 4 boxes of Smegma nails to get just one that was sharp.

Nailguru2: I’m not a Smegma fan by any means, but if you get soft nails you can send them back to the factory to be resharpened under warranty. I had them resharpen a box of mine and they were incredible!

Nailer: Did you guys see that Hammerrumors.com says that Big Blu hammers is coming out with an X-2 in time for Hammerkina? It’s going to have a synthetic rubber grip, fiberglass shock absorbing, and a semi-square rocker face. I’m holding off any new purchases till I see some nails driven with that baby.

Roger: In this case, it truly is the user, not the hammer: Hammertime

</Satire off>

Author’s note: This little post got a lot more attention than I had expected. The most interesting thing to me is that it’s now been reposted to forums involving gun collecting, coffee tasting, audiophiles, automobiles, computer programming, videography, racing bicycles, and (I should have known)  various tools. All of whom identified with it. So I guess I learned today that it isn’t just photographers who act like we act. Apparently it’s people.

And from the “OMG are we sick or what?” department, Amazon is now nearly sold out of Stilletto TB15SS. Seriously. You guys just had to try it out, didn’t you? :-)

Finally, don’t stop reading here. The reader’s comments are much funnier than the blog post. As always, I thank everyone who took the time to post comments. Once again the reader’s comments are better than the author’s blog.

PS – for the several people who suggested nail guns should be included in the discussion, that wouldn’t work because . . . .

. . . . wait for it . . .

this forum doesn’t discuss point and shoots.

347 Responses to “Hammerforum.com”

Toolbox said:

Ok, it seems like I may be finally closer to a hammer decision after spending much time finally deciding between outright purchase, renting, and borrowing (yeah right, like which of us has the sort of friends that would actually loan us their hammer!?)

In any case, my question, or rather two – what toolbelt, and how do I explain my hammer purchase to my wife ?

Flat Finger said:

Becarefull Ifihadahanner!!!
Buying a used one will most propably bring you in some kind of troble.

As example: if… the wood was broken, they sometimes replace it by a cheap soft-rubber version.

Now, when you raise it, the top will swing around left/right, and will most time NOT go in the direction you wanted it.
You can ask your grandpa about such a kind of a problem.
I dont think you are waiting for such a problem?? wont you ?

Hammering Hank said:

The best hammer is the one you have with you. What good is the Stiletto back home in your tool belt when you unexpectedly come upon the opportunity to drive nails into mahogany? I always have my iPlane with me and despite the criticism of its low weight and small striking face I have sunk some wonderful nails with it. Had I restricted my hammering to my framing hammer I would have missed many opportunities to join exotic woods. Those of you who look down on the ability of the iPlane to drive nails are missing once in a lifetime opportunities for spontaneous joinery. Remember it is not the tool but hammerer who creates beautiful frames.

S.horton said:

You are lucky that the hammer fairy did not change all of the usernames and titles here. Yet.

Andrew said:

After reading the above I raced out to buy a case of the Grip Rite galvanized zinc coated sinkers.

Be careful, over half of each box had the head of the sinker on the wrong side. I ended up throwing away far too many to finish building my glassroom addition. I noticed in the picture above that the head was on the left side yet mine were mixed. I’m really upset with this product and calling the manufacturer first thing in the morning.

I think this taints the review of the Stiletto TB15SS as well. I can only wonder what side the pounding mechanism is on?

Vandit Kalia said:

Oh please. Only noobs argue about hammer and nails.

To really get the perfect stroke, you need the best support. Relying on on-hammer stabilization isn’t good enough – you need proper gloves for holding the hammer and getting the best stability.

Toctoc said:

Who will attend at NAH 2012 at Las Vegas?

benneh said:

Andrew, those Grip Rite sinkers you foolishly discarded were meant for the *other* side of the wall.

Pete Harper said:

Hi there, I’m more into screwing than hammering, I use a great big Stanley Fat Max screwdriver for my work.

I’m hearing that if I turn my screwdriver round the other way I can actually hammer in nails using the screwdriver handle. Now I know this isn’t EXACTLY what my screwdriver was designed to do but hey, it gets the nails in, right? Screws and nails are obviously different but still kinda the same principle – they hold two separate things together, right? – and seeing as I’m an expert screwer I should fairly easily be able to transfer my skills over to hammering. How hard can it be?

So are there any places I can just get hammering work? Only being new to it and because my screwdriver was only a fraction of the price of your hammer, I can totally do it for only $100 a day, I won’t be charging the same rates as you guys who have been hammering for YEARS, obviously, even if I can just about promise nearly the same results. Like I say, I’ve got all gear that will do the job so I guess I can just get whatever work that you hammerer guys could get, right?

Cannot WAIT for the next generation of Fat Max’s though – fatmaxrumours.com says they’re going to be fully integrating a proper hammer head into to the handle of the screwdriver. I’d be so so disappointed if they didn’t. Someone said they might be releasing their own line of hammers what you can ONLY hammer with, which will cost the same as these other hammers that you mention – that would be such a dumb idea and totally lose them sales, don’t you think? I mean, here I am about to get up what will be a successful hammering business using my trust screwdriver, I’ll want to upgrade to a hammer EVENTUALLY but I won’t be wanting to pay the proper price for the hammer because I’ve built my business around this low cost screwdriver. Come on, Stanley, get it right, huh?

Pecker Mark said:

I’m waiting on the certified left handed model, I have put in a request but have heard no reply as of yet..
Also there are no markings or instruction manuals , I’m tired of helpers that borrow my hammer asking ” Hey which way is up?? ”
These also really need to come with a detailed instruction manual
I still don’t know if I need to change heads for hot dipped 16D opposed to 16 brights.
Just sayin’…

DB said:

The OP failed to mention that the “E” model is scheduled for release later this year. It will have a leather wrapped handle similar to the one that Pete Sampras used in his last Grand Slam Tournament victory. The manufacturer claims that speeds are increased by 25% do to the ridges running concentrically around the handle. Both a left-handed and right-handed model will be available, but the left handed version will not be available until Spring of 2013. Handle sizes will come in 4 1/4″ through 4 7/8″. Rumors leaked from those who violated their NDAs suggest that this may be the best hammer ever made; allowing the user to spend more time with the family and less time actually on the job.

These “E” models will be available on line through Amazon, Ace Hardware, and Vinny’s in New Jersey.

Mathew said:

Bastards!

Mathew Dennison said:

My Nitton Coolhit has 12MP. It has an extendable nail upto 12x the initail size. I am not a pro like you guys. I am a casual hammerer who just likes to point and hit.

Flat Finger said:

Pfff… NOOBS….

not one of you have a UNDERWATER housing,
so dont even TRY to keep up with the pro’s :P

willy said:

Quit being a hammer hog and let me rent it and no I don’t want to buy a slightly used one. I just need it for 2 days.

CheapHammer said:

You guys are spending WAY too much for your hammers. I buy perfectly good used hammers at garage sales just about every weekend. They may not be all “high-speed, low-drag” like your Stiletto hammers, but I didn’t pay $200+ for them either.

I can usually find good used hammers for about 15 cents per pound.

ProHammer17 said:

It’s really pathetic how some people think that buying a $200 hammer with their retirement money will turn them into carpenters, these are the same people who will happily claim: “I’ve always had an eye for hammering.” Anyone who takes one look at your ‘work’ can see you’re just a GWH (Guy with Hammer) who doesn’t care about carpentry and is actually just using his hammer as an excuse to get close to undressed wood. I miss the days when we had to do our hammering with 10 pound chunks of granite and apprentice in the dark cave of a Master Hammerer for years before we could claim to be photographers. Modern hammerers have no respect for the craft of carpentry.

Getting Pounded said:

Since the recent IPO of Stiletto.com I have been watching NASDAQ and am wondering will the price continue to rise? I am a first time investor and am worried that putting all my savings in the company might not have been the best move. With all the recent sales of the Stiletto TB15SS titanium hammers I would have thought the stock would skyrocket and I could afford to buy all the CF(Carbon Fiber) look wood I need and the left handed Model LS for hammering stainless wolf sinkers to build my retirement home even though I’m only 18. But the stock keeps dropping! Are the shorts putting the squeeze on the market? Does anyone have any thoughts on what is causing this? I am a bit pissed because this is the first seriously speculative investment I have made and Stiletto is angering me and now I am thinking that I will never buy another hammer again! The CEO sucks! The stock market sucks, The whole world sucks!

Dead Commie said:

I have a hammer that my dad took off of a Chinese general in ‘Nam. It says “Stanley 16oz.” The handle is cracked and the head is pretty rusty, but I would say it was in 95% condition over all. Can you tell me what it is worth?

Deep Thor Axe said:

This sounds like fun …. I mean who doesn’t like to get hammered on a regular basis. Not to speak of daily nailing with some really hard wood (with or without the use of performance enhancing pharmaceuticals). Good exercise too I would imagine, pounding away and breaking a good sweat. I understand that there is room for a lot of self improvement, perfecting the ultimate technique and thrust. You pros are fortunate to have the benefit of ‘on the job’ training!

Never mind the stiletto, any old hammer will do …. as long as I can grab the tool, get some wood and start pounding whenever the desire strikes and relieve the pent-up stresses of the day. Even if it means having to answer to the neighbours for the late night rukus, it would be worth it.

What satisfaction

Short handle said:

While the TB15SS is all the rage and seems the business, I’m still not convinved that a change to the Stiletto brand is on the cards for me. The way the hammer sits in my hand just doesn’t feel right, and the whole way it works is just so confusing to me. Who do they employ to work out the ergonomics on their hammers anyway? Some kind of masochist?

I think I’d stay with my Gilbert K44 for now. I know it’s a great performer, and I can hammer with the best of ‘em

Sledger said:

Is there a place I can rent this hammer to try before I buy?

Karl Riek said:

Well done, Roger, well done!

ChickWithHammer said:

Hi! I just upgraded to a “SE 5-in-1 Dual Interchangeable Head Hammer”. Quite a step up and a bit more complicated than my IIT 88400 pink claw hammer.

I have built and sold a couple of fruit boxes that I made with my claw hammer, and my friends and family really think that I have talent! My best friend would like me to build their summer house in Topeka. I would really like to give that a try. I have watched a lot of Amish folk building, and was an assistant for a friend that had a big house to build. I handed him nails and made lunch and stuff.

So, I think it’s time to go at it on my own. How much should I charge for building a house? What nails and other tools do you think I will need? Should I start with the second floor and work my way down? I know that a house is an important thing, so I hope I can build something that they will like!

De Feats Drill said:

Hi. i just sold the family car. So I have a fair amount to spend. But I couldn’t decide until I saw your review. Thanks soo much! I was going to wait until HAM, but I’m definitely going for the Stiletto now. I have to hang a calendar in the kitchen so the timing is perfect!
I’ll post a video of the video of the unpacking when it comes.

BangMaster2000 said:

OK, so I’ve been pretty psyched about this new stiletto, but I feel none of the comparison tests are really fair. After all, the Stiletto has a 1/3 inch head while its closest competitor, the undisputed SmackDown 22, has a full 1 inch head. Driving nails with a head that large requires no skill whatsoever.. Amateur town…
Furthermore, the Stiletto is a full 2oz lighter and the handle is a full 2″ shorter. And it is $100 cheaper…
It simply wouldn’t be a fair comparison at all.

So, to make it a truly fair comparison, here’s what I’ve done:
Took the Smackdown, got an angle grinder and reduced the head to 1/3 inch. Cut off 2″ from the grip and cut off material from the shaft until it matched the weight of the Stiletto exactly. And then I burned a $100 bill.

Guess what?!!? The performance is I D E N T I C A L !!!!!

Just proves that none of this new fancy stiletto tech cr@p can keep up with my old skool Smackdown 22.
So even though I said the Smackdown was for amateurs, after this test I’m now saying if you don’t use it, youre a bent nail. ok?

n00bs….

Ghost Hunter said:

I recently started a ghost hunting business and was wondering if any of you could tell me if this was a good hammer for bashing aggressive spirits that may try to attack me.

It seems like the titanium would be right for that application. But I am worried that it may effect the ion movement and dispel non-aggressive entities before my buddy can snap a photo with his GigaPixel IR dslr with night vision lens (he says a guy at something called WPPI told him this was the best camera for ghost photography)

Anyway, I am supposed to go to this old house tomorrow and could really use some advice

MikeSoja said:

The hammer was fine, until I needed to call customer service, which is the worst in the industry. After weeks on hold, I was passed to a different department, where they didn’t even know what I was talking about. What a runaround. I will never buy another Stiletto, again.

Bob said:

Making fun of your customers is not a great business move. I’ll rather spend more and support my local businesses who are grateful for the business than a bitter man who hates what he does.

“Bob”, didn’t you get smacked down enough posting this all over Flickr? I’m certain the Houston rental shops are grateful for your decision, but our customers actually enjoy a little humor.

Marty said:

So are you saying with this new hammer, I can go building a shed in the dark using the 2.0 nail size and not miss? Ordering Stiletto now! Bye bye not getting nailed

Phew, I was worried that I would mess up sometimes!

COUNT ME IN!

Enjoyed this Roger!

TheInconvenientRuth said:

Sorry if this is slightly off-topic, but I really can’t help wondering…
Which 35mm (D)SLR camera (APS-Whahtever..) woul be the most efficient tool to drive in a nail?

Having just purchased a Nikon D4 and D800, Eos 5D MkIII and pre-ordered an Eos 1Dx, I’m teerribly afraid I may have not ordered the one most suitable for driving in nails.

Am I wrong? I still use my F3T with MD4… I feel so… dirty…
A good friend said it would be the Contax RTS III but I don’t have any lenses for that so the balance would be all wrong?!

My dad gave me a Kiev 60TTL for my bitrthday in 19xx, but I only use that for marble scultping, really… Hits a chisle like a MoFo…

Any Pros here who can help me out?

Fabio Bernardino said:

Hammerkina was great !
Will it be this year or next ?

C. Thomas Hammer said:

Don’t get me wrong, the Stillettos are a nice brand. The fit and finish is wonderful and they’re clearly based on the famous Miller Falls 23 Tack Hammer, although sized up 17.8%.

The problem I see with the design is Titanium. It’s too light. If you’re a working man framing the outside of a 3 story home, using your standard 27 foot Type VI wood composite dual sliding ladder, you’re already a bit off balance.

Couple that with wind shear as low as 7.4 mph and your chances of face deflection increases by 3.1%! Now your productivity is in the low 96s at best and you’ve already got to add a union hammerer to your crew to meet the date that %^&*!$* architect agreed to.

We at HAMmer have designed the ultimate nail driving tool. Basing all of our designs on classic Miller Falls tack hammers from the golden age of hammering (1946-1953), we’ve come up with the HAMmer.

Material tests, 3D modeling and rendering have taken 46.9 man years alone. But, it’s been a labor of love.

Utilizing materials from the heartland of America and modern technology we’ve created a perfect reproduction of the classic Miller Falls line in a game changing material.

The material is triple Kryo hardened and has an initial Rockwell Superficial 45N rating of 77.6 (equivalent to a Brale value of 86.6!). The facial deflection has been shown to decrease by 4.2%. You’ll be working at over 100% productivity!

The initial Kryo slump forms are hand hewn in geo-thermically ideal assembly labs made in Germany to perfectly match the facial facets on the head and even the tiny imperfections in the wood handle “grain” of the Miller Falls line.

You get the look and feel of the Legend, but with a 23.8% increase in initial mass. Try to match that, Stilletto!

Be one of the first 1000 new HAMmer owners and receive a free HAMmer Kryo Refidgerainer with slots for 2 HAMmers!

*Prices not yet set.

Big Banger said:

I’ve got a Stanley that I bought at Home Depot for only $29.95. When I put it in my pickup, I’m an instant profeshunal carpenter. Oh, I have a skilsaw too.

Clive Copeman said:

I’ve been using my android phone to bang in nails for the last year and none of my clients have known the difference. Don’t be fooled into thinking an iphone is the only one you can do this with.

Screwu said:

I can’t believe I’m reading this. Since 2008 I’ve been using the fastscrew system. It is quicker lighter and stronger. If you are thinking it is too expensive think again. I can use half the amount of fastenings compared to the old method and in a third of the time. A battery lasts a whole day (I’ve gone for 12 hours on a single charge) The big plus is no more carpal tunnel trauma. Once you’ve tried it you’ll never go back.

Uhit said:

…sorry, I don’t want to disturb,
but this really screws me up…

You simply missed the whole point of connecting!

I have done a whole lot of seismic measurements to get a idea,
why one should nail and not screw – especially if it’s about connecting wood.

A single precise impulse – like with a (good) hammer -
enabling the wood to respond with it’s own resonance frequency,
opens the way for the TRUE connection!

If one is using a fastscrew system that constantly forces the wood to vibrate in this unnatural frequency, one is only getting a stack of dead wood, but not a arche. Period!

…that is why there is the old saying:

“knock on wood”

…and NOT “screw on wood”!

HammerNoob said:

So, I got my new Stiletto TB15SS and I have to say it really looks awesome. I saw that there was a firmware upgrade available. I connected it to my computer but now it’s just sitting there. Is it OK to disconnect it? I wouldn’t want to “brick” it.

While I haven’t been able to use it yet, I thought I’d share my impressions of this awesome hammer.

Pros:
– Nice light weight, Titanium, duh!
– Much lighter than Graintex from what I’ve read.
– Well balanced, could swing this baby all day long.
– Stainless steel face – should never discolor!

Cons:
– None, it’s awesome!

Am thinking of getting a second one so I’ll have a spare in the tool bag in the event that I run into any trouble with this one.

niels said:

Roger, when will you have these in stock for rental? I’d really like to rent and try out before I commit to one hammer or another.

niels.

erika said:

Sorry – I’m in the wrong forum. I was looking for a place to get hammered.

NeedToGetOutMore said:

Preordered my Stiletto from Amazon and it finally arrived yesterday, weeks after everyone else got their hands on theirs :(
Anyways tested it as I always do hitting nails with the toolbag on. Very disappointing!! Nails all over the place. Geez, don’t these guys test hammers before putting them out there??? Anyone else with this problem?

SlapHam said:

“Roger Cicala” why oh why did your dad not pull out? Didn’t he know he could have more fun and hammer more often by doing that :/

ELF said:

I really need a tool that will handle everything I work on, from 1/6″ tacks about the diameter of a sewing pin in a 1:60 scale balsa dollhouse to 8″ spikes through 500-lb redwood timbers in custom-built homes and everything in between. I don’t want to have to lug around multiple hammers. Can anyone recommend something that’s truly versatile in that way? Maybe one with interchangeable heads in a reasonable range of shapes and weights?

tdf said:

anybody know anything about that new hammer company called TINTO? they are taking deposits on some new space age hammer that will pound 4 nails at once… I think they are on kickstarter….

what about advice for a set of gloves? Ive been using a pair of unmatched canvas leather things made in the ukraine but i don’t know if they are right for the kind of hammering i do, specialized work mostly in Truss’s and some roofing

Mako said:

You guys aren’t going to believe this, but there is this guy who made a fortuned selling SUNGLASSES. He now thinks he can revolutionize the Tool Biz with his new low cost BLOW Hammer. Supposedly what makes it worth going with something untried nor tested is that it will be UPGRADEABLE, forever!!! Now THAT Does sound like a winning idea! Just imagine, four years after buying my BLOW One, I will be able to upgrade, for a modest amount supposedly, to the latest digital striker. I’m only worried that I’m going to end up having to spend a lot above and beyond for accessories, that I’ll need to actually use it! Does this sound to good to be true? I think that german company is going to tank soon … they haven’t come out with anything new in months!

Looper said:

Hey, Mako! Can you get them in RED?

Mako said:

“I will be able to upgrade, for a modest amount supposedly, to the latest digital striker. ”

The joke being that the RED ONE camera has reached the end of it’s upgradeability, after only four years, as opposed to fourEVER.

ZenHammerKurasawa said:

A real carpenter does not use metal fasteners. My revered teacher, ZenFramerOzawa, considered metal tool trefe, i.e., like pork dung. He taught to dissassemble plane after every stroke, sharpen wooden blade and re-set. Then take another shaving, etc. You get the picture. Even his chisel blades were made of wood!

To watch ZenHammerKurasawa was pure joy. When he was framing house he was like Mohammed Ali; i.e. he fload like butterfly, stink like bee!

Only way to connect two pieces of wood is with wood.

Now, move this damn discussion to the chat room, not ProTools!

ScrewHammer said:

Don’t forget that the hammer is fully forward compatible with the new screw technology. My old framing hammer drives screws far better than a fancy new screw driver drives nails.