The Profoto B1 500 AirTTL is a battery powered monolight strobe that’s designed for on-location shoots. Key features include:
- Removable Battery. The included lithium-ion battery provides about 220 full-power flashes per charge, or up to thousands when power output is lowered. The battery attaches to the side strobe housing itself, making it easy to move around with. The strobe cannot be AC powered, so once the battery is depleted you’ll need to recharge or swap batteries before you can continue shooting.
- Flash Output. The B1 500 AirTTL offers a maximum output of 500W/s, with 9-stops of adjustment in 1/10 or 1-Stop increments. Maximum recycle time at full power is 1.9 seconds, and a Quick Burst Mode enables 20 frames per sec at a reduced power level. Two additional modes (Normal and Freeze) allow you to choose priority of faster flash duration or minimal color shift depending on what your needs are.
- LED Modeling Light. The 20W LED provides the equivalent of 70W tungsten light.
- Full E-TTL II with Canon Cameras. The B1 500 AirTTL is the first monolight strobe to offer E-TTL capabilities, allowing it function similarly to a Canon Speedlite. It’s currently only compatible with Canon cameras that support E-TTL II except the EOS 1D models. For TTL control, you must also rent the Profoto Air Remote TTL-C Transmitter.
- Triggering Options. The strobe has a built-in Profoto Air radio receiver, allowing it to be triggered by Profoto Air Remotes. You’ll get 300’ of range when triggering in TTL mode, and 1,000’ with normal radio triggering. Additionally, there’s a 1/4" mini sync input if you prefer using a sync cord, as well as built-in optical slave.
- Profoto Build. The B1 500 AirTTL borrows much of it’s design for the companies D1 monolights. It uses the same durable polymer housing, features a built-in fan and has an integrated 77-degree reflector. The controls and display on the rear panel are intuitive and user-friendly, and a mini-USB port behind the battery enable the firmware to be updated when new features are added. The B1 strobe offers compatibility with the same modifiers as the D1 monolights, allowing simple integration for existing Profoto users. We include a 43" umbrella with the rental of the strobe.
Light stand is not included!
- 6.61lbs w/ battery
- 12.2 × 6.69″ w/ stand adapter
- Strobe Output
- Modeling Output
- 70w equivalent
- Color Temperature
- Stop Adjustment
- 9.0 Stops (2-500W/s) in 1/10 or 1-stop increments
- Sync Input
- 1/8" Mini
- Sync Speed
- Sync Voltage
- Built-In Slave
- Built-In Radio Range
- 330’ TTL / 1000’ normal
- Recycle Time
- 1.9 second (Full Power)
- Angle of Light
- Universal up to 5/8"
- Power Cord
- None, battery-powered only
- B1 500 AirTTL strobe
- (1) B1 lithium-ion battery
- 2.8A battery charger w/ power cord
- Westcott 43" Collapsible White Umbrella
- Sync cable
- Bag XS carrying case
Light stand and reflector are not included!
LensRentals.com offers rentals ranging in length from 1 to 90 days. The shopping cart will automatically update the quoted price as you adjust the length of your rental. Our most common rental periods are shown below:
|Rental Period||Waiver Price||Rental Price||Total Price||Approximate Day Rate|
|Rental Period||Rental Price||Approximate Day Rate|
LensRentals.com ships via the appropriate FedEx service necessary to have your rental arrive on the date selected. Return shipping is included in the shipping price, and we include a prepaid return label with your order - all you need to do is bring it to a FedEx drop-off location when your rental is complete. If you prefer UPS shipping, you can select it during the checkout process for about 10% more.
Shipping round trip to
- FedEx 2Day
- Calculating Shipping
- FedEx Standard Overnight
- Calculating Shipping
The shopping cart can automatically quote shipping, even for multi-item and oversize orders. Shipping multiple items together offers a significant savings over shipping them individually.