Please Note: Recording in RAW format requires Sandisk Extreme Pro SD memory cards.
The Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera (BMPCC) is an ultra compact camcorder with a Super 16mm sensor (x3.02 Crop). The BMPCC has the ability to capture full HD footage in either CinemaDNG RAW, or Apple ProRes 422 (HQ), with an impressive 13 stops of dynamic range.
- Active Micro 4/3 Lens Mount. The BMPCC’s active micro 4/3 lens mount enables electronic control of aperture and the ability to manual focus using a variety of Micro 4/3 lenses (supported lens list not currently available). Furthermore, through the use of MFT adapters, an even wider selection of lenses are available.
- The Crop Factor. The crop factor of the camera is x3.02, so there will be very few wide angle lens options. Moreover, the use of third party adapters may affect infinity focus.
- Record with SD Cards. Use fast SDXC cards full HD with 13 stops of dynamic range.
- CinemaDNG RAW and ProRes. The BMPCC a records a choice of high quality ProRes 422 (HQ) and lossless compressed CinemaDNG RAW files. The free download of DaVinci Resolve Lite will enables users to color correct the CinemaDNG RAW files, and export them at their full 1920×1080 resolution.
- The battery life with this camera is less than stellar. We include (1) Nikon EN-EL20 battery, but you may want to rent a couple spares if you’ll be shooting out in the field.
- SDHC / XC memory cards must be formatted in either HFS+ or exFAT before use! For a step-by-step, see page 14 of the manual.
- Sensor Size
- 12.48mm x 7.02mm
- Sensor Resolution
- Shooting Formats
- Lossless Cinema DNG RAW ProRes 422 (HQ)
- Frame Rates
- 23.98p, 24p, 25p, 29.97p, 30p
- Dynamic Range
- 13 stops
- Lens Mount
- Active Micro 4/3
- Integrated stereo microphone
- Mounting Options
- 1 × 1/4"-20 UNC thread mounting point on top of camera. 1 × 1/4"-20 UNC thread tripod mount.
- Rechargeable EN EL20 Battery DC port for use with supplied 12V AC Adapter
- Battery Life
- 1 hour
- Camera Weight
- Record Media
- SD Cards
- Cinema DNG Record Rate
- approximately 10 minutes on a 64GB SD Card
- ProRes 422 (HQ) Record Rate
- approximately 2GB for one minute of video
- Video Output
- Analog Audio Input
- 1 × 3.5mm stereo.
- Analog Audio Output
- 1 × 3.5mm stereo headphone output
- Camera with body cap
- (1) EN-EL20 Battery
- MH-27 Battery Charger
- 12V AC Adapter
Please Note: This rental does not include DaVinci Resolve.I may be obtained here.
- SanDisk 64GB Extreme Pro UHS-1 SDXC
- SanDisk 128GB Extreme SDXC
- Spare EN-EL20 batteries
- USB 3.0 Card Reader
- microHDMI Cable
- Illumina S16 PL Lenses with Wooden Camera PL Lens to Micro 4/3 Adapter
- Spare EN-EL20 Battery
- Blackmagic Pocket Camera Anton Bauer Gold Mount Power Kit
- Switronix Powerbase-70 for Blackmagic Pocket Camera
- Switronix V-Mount Plate for Blackmagic Pocket Camera
LensRentals.com offers rentals ranging in length from 1 to 90 days. The shopping cart will automatically update the quoted price as you adjust the length of your rental. Our most common rental periods are shown below:
|Rental Period||Waiver Price||Rental Price||Total Price||Approximate Day Rate|
|Rental Period||Rental Price||Approximate Day Rate|
LensRentals.com ships via the appropriate FedEx service necessary to have your rental arrive on the date selected. Return shipping is included in the shipping price, and we include a prepaid return label with your order - all you need to do is bring it to a FedEx drop-off location when your rental is complete. If you prefer UPS shipping, you can select it during the checkout process for about 10% more.
Shipping round trip to
- FedEx 2Day
- Calculating Shipping
- FedEx Standard Overnight
- Calculating Shipping
The shopping cart can automatically quote shipping, even for multi-item and oversize orders. Shipping multiple items together offers a significant savings over shipping them individually.