The Metabones Canon EF Lens to Sony E Camera Adapter III is the third iteration of the Metabones Smart Adapter for EF to E. Other than supporting the full-frame Sony a7 / a7R / a7S and NEX-VG900, it performs the same as the Metabones Canon EF Lens to Sony NEX Camera Adapter II. Key features are:
- Canon EF Lens To Sony E Camera. This adapter allows you to mount Canon EF mount lenses to the Sony E-mount cameras and camcorders. It offers full-frame coverage, making it the go-to Canon adapter for use with the a7 / a7R / a7S.
- Electronic Communication. It gives full control of aperture when shooting in A and M exposure modes, or lets the camera control aperture if shooting in P or S exposure modes. Not only do you have aperture control, but it’s also imbedded in the EXIF data. The Metabones adapter also supports the Image Stabilization function of compatible lenses, allowing you to shoot at slower shutter speeds and help eliminate camera shake.
- Powered by Camera Body. Does not require any additional power source.
- Green Power Save Mode. Reduces battery consumption by reducing aperture diaphragm and image stabilization actuation during image preview.
- Durable Metal Construction. It has a metal barrel construction, with both mounts being metal as well. It also offers a removable arca-swiss type plate for added lens support. Since the aperture blades change as you make adjustments, there is a “wide open button” which functions as the opposite of a depth-of-field preview button. Lastly, the interior of the adapter has a proprietary anti-reflection coating.
- Please Note. While this adapter can accept any EF/EF-S mount lens, including third-party manufacturers, we do not recommend using the Tamron lenses with this adapter. We’ve noticed aperture inconsistencies when used with this adapter, so use at your own risk. It DOES NOT work with the Tamron all-in-one zoom lenses. This adapter also has intermittent problems with the Zeiss ZE lenses. Again, use at your own risk.
We cannot recommend this product for professional work. We reached this decision after repeated failures in the field, experienced both first-hand by LR-folks and second-hand via rental clients. Though it might work much of the time, it is our opinion that this product’s performance is too unpredictable to be trusted on high-value projects. Use for casual testing or try-before-you-buy purposes only. If you have any questions, please contact us. email@example.com | 901-754-9100
- Metabones adapter
- Rear lens cap
- Body cap
LensRentals.com offers rentals ranging in length from 1 to 90 days. The shopping cart will automatically update the quoted price as you adjust the length of your rental. Our most common rental periods are shown below:
|Rental Period||Lenscap+||Rental Price||Total Price||Approximate Day Rate|
|Rental Period||Lenscap||Rental Price||Total Price||Approximate Day Rate|
|Rental Period||Rental Price||Approximate Day Rate|
LensRentals.com ships via the appropriate FedEx service necessary to have your rental arrive on the date selected. Return shipping is included in the shipping price, and we include a prepaid return label with your order - all you need to do is bring it to a FedEx drop-off location when your rental is complete. If you prefer UPS shipping, you can select it during the checkout process for about 10% more.
Shipping round trip to
- FedEx 2Day
- Calculating Shipping
- FedEx Standard Overnight
- Calculating Shipping
The shopping cart can automatically quote shipping, even for multi-item and oversize orders. Shipping multiple items together offers a significant savings over shipping them individually.