The Rode VideoMic Pro Compact Shotgun provides great audio quality and functions in a compact housing, making it ideal for use with HDSLR cameras, as well as smaller camcorders. Key features include:
- Professional Quality Condenser Capsule. Although smaller in frame than its predecessor, the VideoMic Pro is equipped with a professional quality condenser capsule. The pickup pattern is supercardioid which allows optimal audio acquisition from the front and limits unwanted sound capture from the sides and rear of the microphone.
- 3-Way Level Control. This feature offers -10dB, 0dB, and +20dB modes.
- High Pass Filter. A 2-step high pass filter with 0 and 80Hz settings, allows you reduce the effects low frequency hum, camera motor noise, and other external interference.
- Power Supply. The VideoMic Pro is rated for 70 hours of use on a single 9V battery (not included). The 3.5mm mini plug is compatible with a wide variety of different cameras and audio devices.
- Additional Features. The microphone is equipped with a shock mount and windscreen to further minimize the pickup of undesired audio and has a standard camera shoe and a 3/8" threaded mount for easy attachment to cameras and boom poles.
The manual for this product is linked here