The Sony QX100 Digital Camera Module is a unique camera that’s designed to be used in combination with a smartphone. Key features include:
- Camera Module for Smartphones. The QX100 is a small compact camera in the shape of a lens that’s designed to be clipped the the back of a smartphone. On its own, it’s a fully-functional camera. However, since it doesn’t have an LCD screen of its own, the QX100 module connects to your smartphone via wifi and transmits the live view image for composition and image review.
- Large Sensor Compact. The QX100 is largely a Sony CyberShot RX100M2 in a different housing. It features the same large 20.2MP 1.0" Exmor R BSI CMOS Sensor and Carl Zeiss 28-105mm f/1.8-4.9 Vario-Sonnar lens (35mm equivalent), providing extremely high image quality for a compact camera. Notable differences are the QX100 doesn’t shoot in RAW, and full manual and shutter priority modes are not possible.
- Wi-Fi Connectivity with NFC. Using the Sony PlayMemories app on your smartphone or tablet, you can connect it to the QX100 and use the device’s screen to adjust settings and compose images. Images are can optionally be saved to the connected smart device in addition to being saved to memory card.
- HD Video. The QX100 shoots full HD 1080p at 30 fps in the MP4 file format with a built-in stereo mic for recording audio.
- Shoot Uncoupled. The QX100 can be used separately or without a smartphone, as it features a zoom lever and shutter button on the device itself. Images are recorded to microSDHC / XC memory cards (not included), and the removable / rechargeable NP-BN battery is rated for roughly 200 shots per charge.
- Please Note. This product is designed to be used with a smartphone (not included!). If used with an older device, you may notice a slight lag in the live view image. It works best with the latest generation smartphones. The clip-on attatchment does not fit Samsung Galaxy S Note II or similar sized model phones.