The Sony HVL-F32M Flash is a compact external flash designed with the Sony a7-series cameras in mind. Key features include:
- Auto / Manual Flash. Can be set to fire via TTL for automated shooting, or you can dial in manual flash power in 1/3 EV increments.
- Multi Interface Shoe Connection. Utilizes Sony’s latest technology for communicating with the camera body. Not compatible with Sony Auto-Lock hotshoe cameras unless you also rent the Sony Auto-Lock Camera to Standard Flash Adapter.
- Guide Number: 32. Not quite as much output as the Sony HVL-F43M Flash, but it comes in a form-factor that’s smaller and lighter in weight.
- Auto Zoom. The integrated zoom head covers the 24-105mm focal range.
- Built-in Bounce Sheet. Allows quick bounce capability to send fill-flash forward when aimed at the ceiling.
- Retractable Wide-Angle Panel. Provides an angle of coverage equivalent to that of a 16mm lens when extended.
- AA-Power Source. Two AA alkaline batteries power the unit. Full power recycle speed is slightly slow at 5 seconds, so be aware of the limitation.