The SanDisk 512GB Extreme Pro 95MB/s UHS-1 U3 SDXC is a SD memory card that’s designed for capturing both still and video files. Key features include:
- UHS Speed Class 3 Rated. This UHS Speed Class 3 rating allows capture of uninterrupted, cinema-quality 4K, 3D, and Full HD video at a minimum sustained write speed of 30 MB/s. If you’re shooting 4K video with a camera that uses the SD format, this is what you want.
- Fast Read / Write. The 95MB/s read / 90MB/s write speeds allow large amounts of data to be transferred to and from the card with minimal bottleneck. It’s fast enough for most still photography use short of extended continuous shooting. Additionally, accelerated minimum sustained write speeds prevent dropouts and stuttering making it well-suited for Full HD video recording.
- Ultra High Capacity. At 512GB, this is the highest capacity SD memory to date (November 2014). This enables uninterrupted continuous video recording at high data rates.
- Error Correction. Sandisk’s Advanced Error Correction Code engine helps to prevent errors that cause potential data corruption.
- Known Compatibility Issues. Not all cameras support SDXC memory. The most notable cameras that have widely reported issues are Pentax’s 645D / 645Z and Leica’s M-E / Leica M Monochrom / Leica M Monochrom – Typ246.
Warning: Just because this card is 512GB in size doesn’t mean you should fill it up without a backup. It’s best to not put all of your eggs in one basket!