The Ricoh GR II is a fixed-lens compact camera and update to the ever-popular Ricoh GR that can provide SLR-quality images. Key features include:
- What’s New. At first glance, it looks the same. Look at the specs, and it still seems the same. However, notable new features added include built-in wifi for wireless camera operation and image transfer, maximum shutter speed increase at f/2.8 (1/2500th / sec), wireless flash triggering of the Pentax AF540FGZ II flash, white balance tweaks, and continuous AF in video shooting.
- Large APS-C Sensor: The 16.2MP sensor without optical low-pass filter records sharp, high resolution images. The latest GR Engine V Image Processor enables great low light performance from ISO 100-25,600, while making for a very responsive camera.
- High Quality Prime Lens: The fixed 18.3mm f/2.8 lens provides a 35mm focal length equivalent to 28mm, making it a strong choice for street and landscape photographers. The lens design features two aspherical elements to maximize image quality while reducing optical aberrations and ensuring corner to corner sharpness.
- Large, High Res LCD: The 3.0" 1,230k-dot LCD with WhiteMagic technology gives users a bright screen for image composition and review.
- Advanced Ricoh Controls: Like other Ricoh cameras, the GR II allows for a wide range of custom control adjustments with programmable buttons. There’s several different manual and automatic modes, as well as multiple options for applying Picture Effects. The camera includes a rechargeable battery that’s rated for approximately 320 shots, and the RAW / JPEG images are recorded to SDHC / XC memory cards.
Please Note: Battery charger is not included. However, there is an AC adapter to charge the battery in the camera itself.