The Garmin Virb Elite is a compact action camera that shoots HD video and high quality stills. Key features include:
- HD Recording. The VIRB houses a 16MP 1/2.3" CMOS sensor and records full HD 1080p video at 30fps. It has an ultra-wide lens that allows everything in front of you to be included in the field of view. It shoots 16, 12, and 8MP still images in single, burst, and time lapse modes. Additional video resolution / frame rates are: 1080p@30fps, 960p@48fps, 720p@30/60fps, 848×480@120fps.
- 1.4" Chroma Display. The built-in 1.4" display enables live view preview and playback of still and video, as well as menu navigation.
- Long-life Battery. The included 2000 mAh lithium-ion battery provides up to 3 hours video recording at 1080p. The battery is charged in-camera via USB port with the included USB cable.
- GPS & Wi-Fi. The Virb Elite features built-in GPS for data stamping and automated start / stop recording in specialty “Skiing Mode”. There’s also built-in wi-fi for image playback and live view control of the camera using a smartphone or computer.
- External Sensor Compatibility. With support for ANT+, the Virb Elite can wirelessly connect to a wide variety of external sensors like heart rate monitors, speed / cadence bike sensors, and tempe wireless temperature sensors. The information these sensors detect can be imbedded in the metadata of video and still images. While the Virb Elite can connect to all of these different sensors, none are included with the rental.
- Wide Range of Mounts. The camera comes with a pivot arm and tripod mount with 1/4"-20 threading. Also included is a mount adapter for attaching to the wide range of GoPro mounts we carry.