Be aware, the wireless remote has been found to be unreliable. Use at your own risk! These monitors, though really cool, don’t currently accept input from the Paralinx Arrow and are incompatible with Ikan products.
The SmallHD Sidefinder with 502 HDMI / SDI 5" Monitor is a compact, multi-purpose monitor / viewfinder combo that’s perfect for on-camera and gimbal use. Key features include:
- Dual Purpose Design. Have your cake and eat it too, with a great viewfinder that transforms into a great monitor in seconds!
- High Resolution. This full HD, 1920×1080 LCD monitor provides an extremely sharp image with a pixel density of 441 ppi. Despite being an LCD display, the 502 is able to produce 85% NTSC Color Gamut (greater than the REC. 709 color standard), rivaling the color capabilities of OLED technology.
- Compact & Lightweight. This 5" monitor is just 3/4" thick and tips the scale at about 9 oz pre-battery, making it perfect for small, lightweight rigs and gimbal use. It features 3x 1/4-20" mounting points on the bottom, back, and right side, and we include a monitor arm, hotshoe mount and Redrock microMount depending on your needs.
- HDMI / SDI. The 502 supports both HDMI and HD-SDI inputs and outputs, and
cross converts(not yet) between them. HD-SDI input and output max out at 1080 / 60i and 1080 / 30p in RGB/YCC 4:2:2 and 4:4:4. HDMI input and output max out at 1080 / 60p and supports 8/10/12 bit color. Audio is transferred through both HD-SDI and HDMI, with a 1/8" stereo out to monitor audio via headphones (not included).
- 3D LUTs. Can be applied to the monitor with the ability to still view your video in real-time.
- Functionality. The highly configurable system allows you to save up to 8 presets which include focus aids, exposure aids, camera metadata and 3D LUTs. The menu system is easily navigated with the built-in joystick with quick-switching between presets. Do note the sidefinder covers the controls on the 502 itself; instead, a wireless joystick remote is included to aid in controlling the monitor. The unit is powered via 2 (included) hot-swapable Canon LP-E6 batteries.