2x autofocus teleconverter, increasing focal length by 2X and reducing aperture by 2 f stops . Maintains autofocus with all Nikon digital cameras.
If you haven’t used a telconverter before, please read about the limitations they have HERE
Only works with the following Nikkor lenses:
- AF-S 70-200mm f/2.8G ED-IF VR
- AF-S 200-400mm f/4G ED-IF VR
- AF-S 200mm f/2G ED-IF VR
- AF-S 300mm f/2.8D ED-IF (II) and AF-S VR
- AF-S 300mm f/4D ED-IF
- AF-S 400mm f/2.8D ED-IF (II) and AF-S VR
- AF-S 500mm f/4D ED-IF (II) and AF-S VR
- AF-S 600mm f/4D ED-IF (II) and AF-S VR
It is also compatible with the new VR versions of the 300 f2.8, 400 f2.8, 500 f4
Please folks: If the lens you want to use this with isn’t listed above, don’t order it. It doesn’t work with the 80-400. It has never worked with the 80-400. Its not going to work with the 80-400 when you try it. Nor (I swear its happened) will it work well with a 12-24.