The Tamron 16-300mm f/3.5-6.3 Di II VC PZD is an all-in-one superzoom designed for Nikon DX DSLRs. Key features include:
- Crop-Frame Lens. This lens is only compatible with Nikon DX-sensor DSLRs.
- 18.8X All-In-One Zoom. With a focal length equivalent to 24-450mm after sensor-crop factor, this is the ideal lens for vacationing and general purpose use. It offers macro focusing down to 1:2.9, making it truly all-in-one.
- Vibration Compensation. The in-lens stabilizer helps to prevent camera shake when shooting at slower shutter speeds.
- Piezo Drive AF Motor. The PZD motor provides fast, near silent performance. It features enhanced support for contrast-detection AF such as live view focusing, giving you more smooth results. There’s full-time manual focus override for quite tweaks, and the internal focusing unit ensures the lens remains the same physical size and doesn’t rotate.
- Optics. The 12 group / 16 elements design features three Molded-Glass Aspherical elements, two LD (Low Dispersion) elements and UXR (Ultra-Extra Refractive Index) glass that combine to minimize optical aberrations and distortion throughout the zoom and focus range.
- Build. The lens has a moisture-resistant construction that allows shooting in less-than-spectacular conditions, with a new build style that features rectilinear grid patterns on the rubber zoom and focus rings.