The Redrock microMatteBox Deluxe is a universal matte box that’s compatible with a wide variety of setups. Key features include:
- Universal Matte Box. Accommodates a wide range of equipment from DSLRs with standard or cinema lenses to full-size camcorders. The wide, flattened shade design supports wide angle lenses with top and side flags that offer lens flare protection.
- 15mm Swing-Away Support Arm. Enables the matte box to be moved out of the way for lens swapping when mounted to a 15mm rod support system (not included). This makes is an extremely flexible add-on accessory that’s compatible with any of our shoulder mount or baseplates.
- Dual-Purpose 360° Rotatable Filter Stages. Two rotating 4×5.65 filter stages are included, giving you flexibility when using circular polarizing or split ND filters. There’s separate locking knobs for filter position and filter rotation, with the trays being metal construction with spring-loaded locks.
- Matte Box Only. This does not include any accessories such as support rods, baseplates, or filters.
- Filter Trays. This matte box ships with 4×4.5″ filter trays. 4×4 filters may by mounted in the center of these trays, but light will leak from the sides. The wider the lens, the more light will leak.
- Vignetting. Full Frame focal lengths below 20mm will experience vignetting.