An SDXC card is required for 4K image capture.
The Sony FDR-AX100 4K Ultra HD Camcorder is an ultra-compact, consumer-level 4k camcorder. Key features include:
- 4K Ultra HD Video. The FDR-AX100 records up to 3840×2160 4K video @ 24 and 30 fps in XAVC S. If shooting 1920×1080 HD video, you have your choice of XAVC S @ 24/30/60 fps or AVCHD @ 24/60 fps.
- 1" Exmor R CMOS Sensor. The large sensor gives great low-light performance for a compact camcorder. In addition to video, you can also snap 20 MP still images.
- Zeiss Vario Sonnar Lens. The integrated 12x optical zoom gives you an equivalent 29-348mm f/2.8-4.5. Additionally, it features Sony’s optical SteadyShot image stabilization with 3-Way-Shake-Canceling provides electronic roll stability for smooth video capture. It uses contrast-based AF and has tracking focus capabilities.
- 0.39" OLED EVF / 3.5" XtraFine LCD. The high contrast 0.39" OLED Tru-Finder EVF utilizes four dual-surface aspherical lenses to reproduce rich color and deep blacks. The large, 3.5" Xtra Fine touchscreen LCD offers a 921K dot resolution with 16:9 aspect ratio for a sharp and bright image even in daylight conditions.
- Built-in Wi-Fi. Allows simple connectivity to a smartphone for image transfer and camera control.