The Zeiss Batis 25mm f/2 for Sony E-mount is a high quality wide angle lens designed specifically for full-frame E-mount cameras like the Sony Alpha a7 / a7II / a7R / a7S. Key features include:
- Full-Frame Wide Angle. Designed with the full-frame Sony E-mount cameras in mind, the Batis 25mm f/2 gives users a true wide angle option for the system. It has an 82º angle of view with minimal distortion, making it ideal for architecture, landscape, and interior photography. The fast f/2 aperture allows both low-light capability as well as a shallow depth-of-field.
- Autofocus. While the Loxia lenses give users a great manual focus / aperture lens, the Batis line provides users autofocus capability. Its linear motor offers fast, near-silent performance.
- OLED Display. While many lenses utilize focus distance and depth-of-field scales, the Batis lenses forego this for an OLED display. It will function just the same as the traditional methods, but it provides the enhanced ability to see these parameters in low lighting.
- Advanced Optics. The Distagon optical formula features eight groups / ten elements, four of which are double-sided aspherical to maximize corner-to-corner sharpness while controlling distortion. The floating element design helps to eliminate aberrations throughout the focusing range. Carl Zeiss T* anti-reflective coating eliminates lens flare and ghosting while providing the famous high micro-contrast Zeiss look.
- Build. Like other Zeiss offerings, the Batis features great build quality. Cosmetically, they look quite similar to the Touit line with their metal construction and rubberized focus rings. However, the Batis lenses can boast the dust and weather-sealed construction for peace of mind in inclement shooting conditions.